Smoking....

CivicEater

Jan 29, 2004
I went to redo my lower intake gaskets in search of the coolant leak and this is what I saw. I had my buddy step on it to see if I could see where the collant was spilling and I noticed smoke formt he back of the car. I went to the back and sure enogh ymcar was smoking pretty bad. It looked white (coolant) but I wasnt really lossing any (later to find I wasnt loosing any in the chambers). I pulled my upper and saw the inside and gasket were pretty soaked with oil. I noticed my PVC was stuck open too....could this have been the cause??? I dont have any oil or coolant or coolant in oil and the car doesnt over heat.

I foudn the coolant leak which was one of the hard coolant lines running on the passenger side along the fuel rail (the one with the circle to bolt it to the lower intake) I never had it held down after the HCI and last wens when I did the gasket change I bent the little metak tab out of the wa and I guess It tore the pipe itself too. I JB welded it so I can start the car till tommorow to see about the smoke problem. I didnt change the lower gaskets because I looked into the cylinders and the gaskets looked lined up fine and the edges didnt have any cracks or coolant stains.

• Sponsors (?)