SN95 351W Swap

Check out my website in my sig for pics.

It seemed like a very easy swap to me. You will need a different intake, 351 swap headers, a 351 distributor, a different oil pan, and a different belt. Everything else should bolt up. The timing cover, water pump, and front accessories can all be re-used. Oh yeah, 351's use 1/2" head studs, so you may need to open up the holes in your heads to accept 1/2" studs. The AFR 225's, and I think the 205's, do not require drilling to fit 1/2" studs.

If you can afford the Kooks headers, get them!! They are individual tubes which make them very easy to install. www.kookscustomheaders.com

I also recommend a high-tourqe starter before you put everything back together. I got the Powermaster XS series one from summit. It's not specifically for our cars, but it works.
Hey did you relocate the high current fuse panel and everything on the red 95? Engine bay looks nice and cleaned up and just looking to get some pointers because I am about to do the same thing. I'm building a 400 and want to pull the 302 and paint the engine bay

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen didn't drop there K-member... they used modified 83 Vert Mounts and set the engine back and inch and the mounts dropped the engine about 3/4 of an inch.
hey guys I'm about to do a 400 c.i. and going to run 1 3/4 LT's. My car is lowered so I don't need to lower the motor via mounts any more than it is and have LT's scrape the ground or other things. I have a Cervini's ram air hood that's between 2-3 1/2 inches of raise. I'll be using the Performer rpm 2 intake which is 11.67 inches and the Box R is 12.5 I believe.

Something about 302 parts... and 302 power.

Why not get a real intake.
You do know they make that intake for a 5.8 now right lol?

Going with the box r might make what, at most 10-15 ish or even 20 heck I don't know if even that much hp difference depend on what headers, cam you run, ect?

Not being a track car I'm not worrying about squeezing every ounce of hp out and also the fight with getting the hood to fit ect. The performer 2 is about 5/8 inches shorter and should clear but if not I will make it work lol.

Asking if I know about what parts are produced, is a pretty damn silly question.

There is a GT40 intake for a 5.8 as well, does that mean you should use it?

You're MUCH better off going with the Box R. Hell, even a Victor 5.8 would be a better choice than the performer 2.

I personally prefer large plenum, short runner intakes. Which is why I always run a spyder style intake. Which currently is a Super Victor.

These posts make me sad. There is no point in desecrating a dead thread. :cry:
I don't have a participation trophy to hand out but this should work: :poo:

This thread hasn't given me cancer, but rather an existential crisis. I wonder when, at some point in the distant future, someone will come and take a :poo: on a thread that I created and poured my thoughts and advice into. Will it end like this for all we've posted?

These posts make me sad. There is no point in desecrating a dead thread. :cry:
I don't have a participation trophy to hand out but this should work: :poo:

This thread hasn't given me cancer, but rather an existential crisis. I wonder when, at some point in the distant future, someone will come and take a **** on a thread that I created and poured my thoughts and advice into. Will it end like this for all we've posted?
Woww. Well why don't the threads just be deleted....

If someone googles information and it takes them to a certain forum, thread and they want to see from folks no matter how long it has been, want first hand info on THEIR opinion, then if they come chime in they do. If they don't then they dont lol. I won't lose sleep as well I'm sure others won't as well. For those who want to take offense, then don't read.

It's sad when , and I'm not saying you, because actually what you said i really don't take offense to. But there sure are some smart ass jokers on forums , period. They surely swear ONLY THEIR opinion count.........SMH

But there sure are some smart ass jokers on forums , period. They surely swear ONLY THEIR opinion count.........SMH

Yeah, I can be one of those sometimes, we probably all can. I was just giving you (both) a hard time and having a little fun. It's a very old thread, and I didn't understand the disagreement. I understand your point, a few ponies isn't worth not being able to close the hood to you, and drop-mounts have some drawbacks too. And addermk2 is correct as well, there are probably better manifolds, but that brings with it height. We dish out a lot of advice, sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask just what someone wants to do before dishing.

Yeah, I can be one of those sometimes, we probably all can. I was just giving you (both) a hard time and having a little fun. It's a very old thread, and I didn't understand the disagreement. I understand your point, a few ponies isn't worth not being able to close the hood to you, and drop-mounts have some drawbacks too. And addermk2 is correct as well, there are probably better manifolds, but that brings with it height. We dish out a lot of advice, sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask just what someone wants to do before dishing.
:shrug: lol all good man. One thing about social media is sometimes things can get misconstrued just reading it. That's why i usually read and read again before I hit send lol. Just like a few weeks ago i replied while on the phone and using speech to text. Everyone know that speech to text can mess you up. I actually made a long reply and didnt use periods but thought i had it to where it wouldn't be too too confusing lol. Anyway i had to explain why i replied the way i did without proper spelling and stuff so it was all good. I just would have hated to not keep up with the thread. It was to be a long long weekend and may not have had laptop access. Anyway enough of that.

I actually have some other questions and will just make a new thread. Give everyone a fresh start ;)
After I eat some grub I will return