SN95 Mass air sensor in a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-95 meter also uses a flanged mount, which has to be dealt with.

For very good MAF and MAS information, see Vristang's website and article.

Good luck.

I have one and it is bolt and go except for the flange. You need a 4 bolt to slip flange adapter or have the flange machined off and sized for the slip on duct. Both ways will produce excellent results. Do a search and you will find the post on having the flange machined off.

As you see in the picture, the stock air box works fine.
index.php

Image023.jpg

ive got to change mine. didnt have time to fab anything up. i ordered the cold air for a sn95 so id have the flange, but they sent me one for a 86-93. sorry the pic sux, took it with my phone

Attachments

• Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 87
jrichker said:
I have one and it is bolt and go except for the flange. You need a 4 bolt to slip flange adapter or have the flange machined off and sized for the slip on duct. Both ways will produce excellent results. Do a search and you will find the post on having the flange machined off.

As you see in the picture, the stock air box works fine.
index.php

Thanks, that looks great!

GT89Mustang said:
Is there any differance between the v6 and v8 meters?

Nope.
Just to make sure you get the right one though,
You are looking for a 70mm MAF tube, which has a bar down the middle.

ALSO
The 70mm tube MUST have the correct sensor on it.
I want to say the 94-95 Mustang MAS was part number F2VF.
Please double check that though.

Maybe one of the J* members (JR or JT) can double check what they have?

I will double check when I get home

jason

jrichker said:
Yes - two cylinders worth of calibration. They are definitely different.

UH-Oh. :eek:

I have seen a sheet listing the 2 applications as using the same MAF/MAS. :jaw:

Maybe my sheet was wrong though. :shrug:

I can't look anything up until I get home tonight

I must have the same sheet. Both the 3.8L and 5.0L in 94-95 are listed as using the same meter.

The sheet also shows the Crown Vic 4.6L (92 w/EAOT and the 93-94) as using the same meter. Not sure about the housing design itself.

vristang said:
ALSO
The 70mm tube MUST have the correct sensor on it.
I want to say the 94-95 Mustang MAS was part number F2VF.
That be what mine says. I've still got the Pro M on the car (the stocker is off the car) if anyone wants the entire part # or measurements of anything that isnt readily do-able with a MAF/MAS on the car.

After doing a search on two of the auto parts online catalogs, it appears that the 3.8 V6 and the 5.0 V8 use the same mass air sensor & housing. I learn new stuff every day... I stand corrected, sorry about the error.