SN95 Motor Swap to Fox Body

Notchbak90

Jun 11, 2008
My friend gave me his wrecked SN95 94 GT. The motor is intact, and I have a rolling chassis. I want to use the motor and tranny in my car, but is there any differences i should know about about. such as are the computers, wiring and engine harnesses, motor mounts, or other stuff matching up....

• Sponsors (?)

I just pulled used an entire SN95 drive train and put it in my fox. I actually just separated the engine wiring and mated it to the fox wiring. Worked pretty well. The trans on the SN95 cars is 17mm (11/16") longer than the fox stuff. If you use it all it should work ok. You might have some cross-member issues though. If you're willing to work around the differences it should work just fine.

best bet is to not mix and match the sn95 stuff with the fox stuff. pull the engine/tranny and use all the sn95 ecu harness and the like. you should have no problems with it.

I keep hearing the harness and stuff are different:shrug:
my friend has a 95gt and when I work on his car you can tell it's the same motor, but it has a bunch of things that are different. just my .02

well mine is pretty stripped down but there are only about ten wires that need to be mated and half of those are power and ground wires. However I don't run AC so I didn't deal with any of that. I have no problems with my car. Everything seems to work fine.........for now :D

I think either way a person chooses to do it will work just fine. Just pick a way and run with it. It should work out just fine. :nice: