Sn95 Spindles Question...

rflow50

Jun 18, 2005
TX
I am doing the 5 lug conversion on my 91 mustang Gt. I already have the front rotors, the axles and the drums. I want to change the front spindles and they tell me that the SN95 is a good choice. Is there any diffrences between the six cylinder and the eight cylinder mustang spindles, and what other years can you also look for. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

no diff at all between v6-gt-cobra spindles from 94-95, 96-98 will make your front track 8mm wider per side, 99-04 spindles will make it even wider. the only diff is obviously the cobra has bigger rotors...but the spindles for the respective years are the same

i just did that swap recently, you will need to buy some good camber/caster plates to reestablish your numbers for your alignment. a 0.330" spacer for the top of the ball joint (unless you plan to use sn-95 ball joints), and hit up MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS for a set of brake lines since they will also have to be changed to accomodate your new calipers. also the sn-95 spindles have the steering knuckle angle out farther than fox's, so you will have to readjust your toe before you even drive it, otherwise, it will scrub so bad you won't be able to make it out of the driveway. just make sure if you plan on "eyeballing" it, that you make equal turns on both sides for your toe adjustment.

if anyone else viewing has done this, feel free to add things i {probably} missed...

the steering response is loads better with the new spindles, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised