SN95 TB on Explorer Intake in a Miata!

Hey All,

Yes, very confusing I know! Basically what I have is:

1991 5.0L H.O. from a Mustang
Running an 88 computer and SD
Explorer upper and lower intake
Stock Mustang EGR Spacer and TB

I have the opportunity to buy a 75mm TB and EGR Elbow from a 94 Mustang, but I'm wondering if there will be any issues with this? Will it bolt up to the Explorer Intake without problems, and will the throttle cable (off an 88 Mustang) reach to the Mustang TB that is further ahead in the engine bay?

My plan would be to run air filter to TB to EGR Elbow, to Intake. No MAF required since I'm SD.

Just wondering if any Fox guys are running a similar combo.

Regards,

5.0L Miata

• Sponsors (?)

If you went with the SN95 throttle body / elbow adapter you would need a different throttle cable. The fox cable is not long enough at least in a Mustang chassis. Also, I believe the throttle position sensor and IAC valve are different for the SN95 and the Fox platforms.

Good info thanks. I am using the Miata throttle cable come to think of it and it is pretty long. Currently it comes out of the fire wall (near the gas pedal of course) on the driver's side, I then have it go to the front of the intake manifold, then loop back to the back of the intake manifold on the other side of the plenum, under the fuel rail, and then have just enough to connect it to the stock fox TB.

I'm thinking if I just went out of the firewall and behind the intake manifold I would have lots of length to play with.

I guess the main consideration is that even if I could get this combo for a good deal, my TPS and IAC from my Fox TB will not fit. What is the approx. cost of these two parts in the aftermarket? Just trying to weight purchasing a new Fox TB and EGR Spacer vs. buying this SN 95 one.

The nice thing about the SN 95 is that the elbow will point the TB and air filter where I want it.

551020_103_full.jpg