SN95 Twin Turbo (Re)Build

• Sponsors (?)

whell, i finished my build. I am totally amazed at how quick these things spool.....i havent got on it yet, as it needs to be tuned next tuesday, but damn.....at 1,500 rpm there spoolin like crazy, and every shift, it blows the bov....even the most lazy, slowest shift at 2,000rpm it blows off....amazing how quick these spool compared to the remote mount....i mean literally if i let the car idle for a min, then shut it off the turbos are still pushin air....you can hear it...wow....this thing drives like a NA stroked out 351....i mean NO lag at all.

Also, another thing, with the turbos, and off road x, and some "flowmasters" this thing is DEAFLY silent....i mean like stock quiet.....its really strange for me because im used to how it was, loud as hell....

anyhow, next tuesday its getting tuned, so we will see how she does with some boost....lookin for 400-450 rwhp, no more....i Know it will do it, as it made 500 before, but i want it more than i had before, 5 psi.

GreenMustangGt said:
nope, it pulls to 6 grand plus...it did fine before, in fact it kept making more horsepower till redline..... and i deleted the a/c

I'd be interested in seeing the dyno graphs...u dont have it tuned yet so u havent actually ran it hard with this setup have u? I thought it was usually a 3,000rpm window...that said it might not fall on its face like a stock 5.0 does but i'd guess it wouldnt make as much power as say a little larger turbo that spools at 25-3000. If that was the case, wouldnt everyone run smaller turbos that spool at 2k and make power to 6k?

Just tryin to learn bud:p Get that thing on the dyno!:SNSign:

Nothing wrong with small turbos, you just loose a ton of efficiency in the top end. You can still make the same boost, but you'd just get more power at that same boost with a turbo sized for that specific rpm range, that's all. So there will still be ass loads of power in the top end.

I wonder if you could toast them from overspinning for too many miles though :shrug: