Sn95 Upholstery Glued Or Not?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Lbsn95, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I have a 95 convertible that I am bringing back to life and I would like to re-upholster the existing seat but I was told that the covers are glued to the foam and that it was not a possibility.

I was also told that ANY seats from 94-04 (with a few small mods) would fit.

If the seat covers are glued, is purchasing 03 Cobra seats a good option?

Thanks a lot,
    LB

2. Couldn't tell you if SN95 seats are glued. However 03 Cobra seats would be a great option just tend to be pricey.

3. You can recover them yourself, TMI sells what you need. http://www.tmiproducts.com/mustang/
    Any 94-04 seat will work you can also use s197 seats.
    03-04 cobras can also be used but are getting pricey

4. Thanks everyone for chiming in, especially w/ the links above!

The seats breakdown like this.
    94-04 ALL front buckets are the same - meaning you could take the frames from a 94-98 and build an 03-04 Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 by just purchasing new foams and upholstery.
    However, the 94-98 rear seat is very problematic - you are correct - for these years only Ford glued the foam to the upholstery - so you have to actually SKIN the rear seat and reuse the foam underneath.
    Bad news / Good News - the 94-98 rear seat foam will not accept the the 03-04 Cobra upholstery, they are different shapes. The good news? I'm working on a pattern to fix that. Should be ready in just a few weeks. I'll be sure to update the forum when it's ready.

Lbsn95 likes this.
  5. Thank you guys very much for your input.
    Waylon, you sold me. I'm going to purchase your product and I look forward to being able to resurrect the rear seats when your company has the product available.
    Thanks again

TMIproducts likes this.
  6. Additionally, will I be able to install the foam and covers myself? I'm handy with the car but have never worked with upholstery before? Or , is this something that should be left for an upholstery shop to do?

7. That is a question you can only answer yourself - my suggestion is to always attempt it yourself, there are TONS of step by step walk throughs on line that show you exactly what to do as well as quite a few threads on forums that do the same. If you end up not happy with the final results - you can always take it to a shop then to have it 'cleaned up'.