sn95 wheels on s197

• Sponsors (?)

really? I thought they stuck out a "little". The snowies are a 225 width, so they are quite narrow. $hiat, decisions decisions. s197 wheels on Craigslist are stupid prices like $500 just for the wheels, and they are of the 17" variety

the tribars fit fine. it is flush with the quarter panel. dunno on the front. they arent that bad looking of a wheel also. ford has released alot worse haha.

any kind of aftermarket wheel for a sn95 will stick out a bunch. but you gotta think the stock wheels were sucked in on the sn95. if they fit flush with the quarter panel on the s197, imagine what aftermarket wheels from an sn95 would look like on a s197. steam roller. haha.

16x7 waffle wheels with 255-50 bfg dr's....this is an old pic. I currently have another set of waffles on the back of the car as it sits and they won't stick out quite as far due to the smaller tire but if you throw it on there atleast you can make your decision from there.

OEM wheels should be fine as they are usually 8 or 8.5" wide and along with mud flaps in the back, you should get adequate protection. I had a mix up with the 18x10 rear wheel offset and didn't know it until the tire was already mounted and we put it on the car and it stuck WAAAAY out! It was a 22mm offset wheel in a correctly marked 40mm offset box:mad: That's not a good combo at all when you consider the tire is 29.2" tall and the car is lowered 1.5" in the rear:eek: It all got taken care of and I now have the correct wheel:nice:

I couldn't even get my fingers in between the tire and fender!!!!!
3947085846_c24b888d14_o.jpg

3946305033_0f1275a2fb_o.jpg

OEM wheels should be fine as they are usually 8 or 8.5" wide and along with mud flaps in the back, you should get adequate protection. I had a mix up with the 18x10 rear wheel offset and didn't know it until the tire was already mounted and we put it on the car and it stuck WAAAAY out! It was a 22mm offset wheel in a correctly marked 40mm offset box:mad: That's not a good combo at all when you consider the tire is 29.2" tall and the car is lowered 1.5" in the rear:eek: It all got taken care of and I now have the correct wheel:nice:

I couldn't even get my fingers in between the tire and fender!!!!!

Kool, did you see an effect in your gas millage when you went to the wide front and rear tires?

Kool, did you see an effect in your gas millage when you went to the wide front and rear tires?
I've been running the tall and wide rear tires for a few year now. With the 4.10s and the tall rear tires my mileage was right around 18-20 MPG mixed and as high as 25 MPG highway. I've only had the wide front tires on a few months now, but I don't believe my mileage is any different due to it. Also, I don't feel where the 275 tires handle or feel any different from the 255 tires on a daily basis. The combo is highly streetable with no ill effects...other than a slight acceleration drain due to the larger diameter and added weight. I ran the 255/45 and 285/50 setup at the track one day and was still able to get consistent 8.70s in the 1/8 mile in the July heat and humidity:nice: