Snap on sucks ass!

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
Well, I decided last night was time to put the engine in. Snap on tools decided else wise. Apparently someone had crossthreaded a spark plug when i left it back in Stafford. I found it, and decided to rethread it. I wasnt putting any elbow in it and the sum bitch broke in there. And now it's going to the machine shop to be machined out. another stupid set back. Im selling all my snapon tools now.
Take a gander

• Sponsors (?)

Why didn't you just pull the head and try to drill a drill bit in to it, then reverse the drill and thread it back out. Something like that so you wouldn't have to pay a machine shop. Then just retap it again.

Jeremy

My Dad has been in this business longer than most of us have been alive....

With that said, he WILL NOT buy a tool other than one made by Snap-On. He has the majority of his tools with him now that he's gone to a place where you have to use your own tools and he bought some cheapy-like junk for the house by MAC, Craftsman, etc. When I was screwing with my car about two weeks ago, I had to use these "other" tools, and let me tell you that these tools 100% SUCK. Seriously.

The rachets are complete garbage. The sockets are lightweight and cheap feeling. Fitment was garbage.

If I ever had to buy my own tools, I wouldn't buy anything but Snap-On.

I think that your case was a fluke...

Joe

Joes95GT said:
My Dad has been in this business longer than most of us have been alive....

With that said, he WILL NOT buy a tool other than one made by Snap-On. He has the majority of his tools with him now that he's gone to a place where you have to use your own tools and he bought some cheapy-like junk for the house by MAC, Craftsman, etc. When I was screwing with my car about two weeks ago, I had to use these "other" tools, and let me tell you that these tools 100% SUCK. Seriously.

The rachets are complete garbage. The sockets are lightweight and cheap feeling. Fitment was garbage.

If I ever had to buy my own tools, I wouldn't buy anything but Snap-On.

I think that your case was a fluke...

Joe

My fiance's father ownes a snap-on franchise, he takes alot of other tools on trade (that are not snap-on) and from seeing the trade-in's they do not hold up as well. No tool is "un-breakable". User error is 99% of a tools failure cause.

on that tool was it the one that you inserted and then you tighten up to get more and more of the "teeth" to eat into the plug grooves? like a compression fitting? Your not supposed to put max force on it at first your supposed to go over it several times to cut a new set of threads. We used this tool on the Fiance's 454 3/4 before we went to the outer banks last summer and wanted to get a tune up done. We chased all the plugs as some were being a PITA and not going in smooth. It is realy trick in that it pulls out the metal as you go from inside to out not from outside to in (in being the combustion chamb.).

Sucks either way. your out a tool and out a set of head gaskets and intake gaskets + mach.

I have heard from mechanics, that the small width of a snap on wrench along the handle makes it almost a painfull wrench to use day in and day out. MAC seems to be a good product as well as Matco and even craftman for that matter.
I have all sorts, and even some made in china, which I am glad since i had to modify the hell out of it to reach behind the power steering pulley to remove a bolt!