So F$%#^$ Pi$$ed...

Kevin R.

Jun 3, 2004
Ohio
Brief story...

The other night I was playing poker at a buddie's house. My friend decides he is leaving. In a driveway I parked behind to the right of his truck, and an eclipse parked behind to the left. Having enough room to back out in between both our cars, he decided to.

Being outside during this, I told my buddy to watch my car because it was going to be a close fit. So, he stood next to my car (the left side, near where the truck was backing up).

My friend in the truck came back, but too fast, and pinned my friend watching my car against my car.

Worried about him at first, I yelled at the truck driver to go forward so he wouldn't smash my buddy. He did, and my friend was fine. Walking around for a few seconds, I glanced over, and my friend, when smashed, but a HUGE dent in the rear quarter panel with his body. :mad: :bang:

It looks horrible, and is going to cost me an arm and a leg to get fixed for some stupid accident, where no one can be blamed. I have the worst ****ing luck ever.

:nonono: :mad: :nonono: :mad: :bang:

****ing depressed.

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch dude, that sucks! I would definitely stop by a body shop and see if it can be popped out easily. If it doesn't pop out perfectly, at least it should look better until you can get it fixed right. :shrug:

If it's that big, and there is a crease, you can pop most of it out, sand down the quarter panel in about a 1' by 1' spot, bondo in the crease and get it squirted. Shouldn't cost too much, and if the body shop is decent, you shouldn't be able to tell....

Joe

Update.

I went to a Paintless Dent Repair place today, and he immediately said due to the spot on the car and where it was dented, he could not pop it out properly. I also found out today it buckled in the back. I asked him if he could make it look any better and he said he would not put his business name on the repair unless it was 100%, which I understand.

Bad thing about this situation is there is no "blame" to be placed. It well fulfilled the term "accident". Hopefully I can get a cheap quarter panel and I have a few hook-ups at shops so we'll see. Just sucks because out of something so stupid I end up paying 500+.

About my friend, he was a little sore for turkey day but is fine.

I am so anal about my car and everything and for this to happen it just bothers me. I can see it in my rearview mirror constantly when I drive and I feel like such a redneck. :D

:mad: :nonono: :(

Last hope is see if I dent guy at work can do any good. I have nothing to lose because the 1/4 panel already needs replaced. So, if anyone knows of anyone parting out and has one, I will be your friend, and bonus if it is black.

:(

Yea but the thing is I told him to watch my car, and stand there. Then when the truck came back not seeing him he got pinned against the car and truck...so it is hard to place blame.

Here is a pic with a little popped out. This is about the best I can get it.

The dent guy wasn't at work today so I'll see what he can do.

It will never be 100% unless i get a new quarter because it buckled and the paint is cracked, so im thinking if the dent is popped the paint will go bye bye. :bang:

mustangdent.jpg

:( :( :( :(

Attachments

• mustangdent.jpg
    mustangdent.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 60