Drivetrain So Frustrated Right Now.

I've had three mustang gt's 82, 85, 86, never had a issue like yours. One thing I've always done is turn flywheel on every clutch job, new pilot bearing, on to bearings and other moving parts, Ford only. I've worked on cars/ trucks for 45 years, some at dealers, some for myself. Every time I used aftermarket I regretted it. Some jobs were ok, some were a nightmare. Like chasing down a miss in a motor just to find out my 5.0 didn't like autolites or champion plugs. I had a chrysler k car that came with champions, but I put in ac's instead. If your stud is coming loose, get a new ford one and lock tight it with red the strongest. Sounds like you've got a vibration that's causing your grief. Get the driveshaft balanced and find a shop that does clutch rebuilding and make sure pressure plate fingers are even and right. Shops are harder to find these days, that do the clutch and driveshaft balance. Just my 2 cents from an old timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck man! Yeah over the years, literally every time I've needed an IAC, even when I gave them my VIN, they still ordered the 4V part. Which is also a double let down, because for the 4V it's like $91, for the 2V it's $180, no idea why lol. Something to do with their software when they order parts, seems like their system defaults to 4V, and they probably have to manually switch it to 2V, and just don't notice. Seems most likely.

Anyway good luck with it let us know how it runs out.

I've had three mustang gt's 82, 85, 86, never had a issue like yours. One thing I've always done is turn flywheel on every clutch job, new pilot bearing, on to bearings and other moving parts, Ford only. I've worked on cars/ trucks for 45 years, some at dealers, some for myself. Every time I used aftermarket I regretted it. Some jobs were ok, some were a nightmare. Like chasing down a miss in a motor just to find out my 5.0 didn't like autolites or champion plugs. I had a chrysler k car that came with champions, but I put in ac's instead. If your stud is coming loose, get a new ford one and lock tight it with red the strongest. Sounds like you've got a vibration that's causing your grief. Get the driveshaft balanced and find a shop that does clutch rebuilding and make sure pressure plate fingers are even and right. Shops are harder to find these days, that do the clutch and driveshaft balance. Just my 2 cents from an old timer.

Oh man, the number of times I've had problems with 3rd party parts.. And yeah I agree on the plugs, every Mustang I tried putting 3rd party plugs into threw a fit, every single time, gave up on that in the 90's lol. I use the standard, regular Motorcraft, never have problems, same with my Taurus. Even my old '87 Mercury Grand Marquis, I was doing a tune up, I thought why not give'er something nice, some nice platinum plugs.. Nope, put the cheap OEM in, ran like a dream.

Funny how the cheaper ones always work. And they aren't cheap. I used to have a 1970 Datsun 240 z. Tried every plug. Only two that worked decent was NGk and regular Bosch not platinums. Theirs a reason these manufacturers use what they use.. They've tried other options but 9 out of 10 times they don't work. I rembered about 15 years back I ran a Harley rental shop in S.F the guy before me bought some fancy brand of spark plug. I tried 3 times, they wouldn't screw into the hole . Damn if I was going to cross thread the head. Bought 10 sets of Harley plugs and threw the others In garbage. Use the originals when possible. It's usually worth the diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user