So Here are the pics from today

• Sponsors (?)

Did you use a different camera in the first picture than the rest of them? The first one seems higher resolution.

But yea, it's hard to beat a tastefully done fox body, such as yours. :D

i have some ****ty 12mp camera i got in a supermarket on an emergency, in the proper lighting it takes awesome pictures, any other time(like that 10 pics) it just takes average pictures

So I guess I will be the first one to say anything, but is the left side lower than the right? Maybe it is because of the front wheels being turned... Right rear has a gap between the fender and tire, while the left rear looks like the fender is sitting on the tire. I guess if its coilovers at all four corners, than you can adjust it to sit however you want!

So I guess I will be the first one to say anything, but is the left side lower than the right? Maybe it is because of the front wheels being turned... Right rear has a gap between the fender and tire, while the left rear looks like the fender is sitting on the tire. I guess if its coilovers at all four corners, than you can adjust it to sit however you want!

i know the front drivers side is slightly higher than the passengers i didnt account for the suspension settling so much so next weekend im gonna fine tune the ride height and roll the fenders to get the most of everything, and each picture i took the car was parked on even ground, but you're are right, the ride isnt 100% even all around

mmm i dont think so, but i do have coil overs so before a track session i can easily raise the car, but as far as it not handeling well because its low, not even close, thing handles awesome, and all my buddies who road race their cars sit lower than mine do

I guess? Dunno what type of struts & shocks u are running, but there can't be much travel left with the car that low.... Not trying to argue with you or call you out, maybe you know more about this subject than I do, but I'm just sharing what I have learned through numerous conversations I have had with MM's tech advisors....

Matter of fact, here is a direct quote from MM's site....

Knowledgeable performance enthusiasts know that lowering a car too much is a sure-fire way to destroy a car’s handling prowess, and so the MM Springs are designed to avoid excessive lowering

Either way, the car looks super sexy with that stance...

I guess? Dunno what type of struts & shocks u are running, but there can't be much travel left with the car that low.... Not trying to argue with you or call you out, I'm just sharing what I have learned through numerous of conversations I have had with MM's tech advisors....

Matter of fact, here is a direct quote from MM's site....

yup i had a long talk with Jason at MM about it, as long as the car is dampened and properly lowered its not a bad thing i have Bilstein MM3 race shocks and struts on the car, remember this is a 90/10 car 90% track 10% street, im not sure if you are referring to coil overs or regular style springs

heres a pic of MM shop car in use
m5lp_0602_02_z+fox_mustang+american_iron_race_car.jpg

and here is steves car
attachment.php

attachment.php
notice how low the cars are, about the same as mine, im not arguing im just going by what Jason has talked with me about

yup i had a long talk with Jason at MM about it, as long as the car is dampened and properly lowered its not a bad thing i have Bilstein MM3 race shocks and struts on the car, remember this is a 90/10 car 90% track 10% street, im not sure if you are referring to coil overs or regular style springs

Yup, I have talked to Jason alot too, but MM always tells me that lowering a car more than 1.5" kills handling no matter if you are running coilovers or regular springs. Maybe they are referring to street cars IDK. My car is 100% street on a full MM setup (minus the tq arm which I have yet to install) with Bilstein HD's & 350lb & 250lb coilovers. Its not as an aggressive setup as yours, but it is about 2 1/2" lower than a stock Mach 1. IMO, the car doesnt really handle that great, but maybe mine isn't setup properly IDK?

The Yellow MM car in the pic doesnt look as low as yours does IMO, I can still see a gap above the tire...

Well if you say it handles good Im sure it does. I really need to install my tq arm that I have had for 2 years sitting in my garage, maybe it will tie everything together & the car will handle better.... I fell ya about the ride quality, my car rides like a baby buggy....LOL....

Yup, I have talked to Jason alot too, but MM always tells me that lowering a car more than 1.5" kills handling no matter if you are running coilovers or regular springs. Maybe they are referring to street cars IDK. My car is 100% street on a full MM setup (minus the tq arm which I have yet to install) with Bilstein HD's & 350lb & 250lb coilovers. Its not as an aggressive setup as yours, but it is about 2 1/2" lower than a stock Mach 1. IMO, the car doesnt really handle that great, but maybe mine isn't setup properly IDK?

The Yellow MM car in the pic doesnt look as low as yours does IMO, I can still see a gap above the tire...

Well if you say it handles good Im sure it does. I really need to install my tq arm that I have had for 2 years sitting in my garage, maybe it will tie everything together & the car will handle better.... I fell ya about the ride quality, my car rides like a baby buggy....LOL....

i was speaking with him about the issue of lowering it and i believe he mentioned something siomilar when referring to street cars, but the car will never get its suspension used to its fullest on the street as thats just unsafe, but now that you have me questioning myself i guess im going to give Jason a call tomorrow and speak with him regarding it

On another not as far as road racing goes i dont think a car can be too low as long as during squats it doesnt make contact with the course, lower car means better areodynamics, less body roll, etc, not sure how that translates into a street car but i really couldnt care about that

you should have most of the stuff necissary to make a car handle well after being lowered, mainly the bumpsteer stuff. the biggest thing with lowering a mustang is the bumpsteer / relation of the tie rod angle to the control arm angle, other than that its that lift you get when turning the wheel back and forth, called jacking. jason will explain it so well you'll have no idea how you were confused about it before in the first place.

for right now im sure you havent even come close to making it turn as well as it can, but jason in my opinions going to tell you to raise it up some.

you should have most of the stuff necissary to make a car handle well after being lowered, mainly the bumpsteer stuff. the biggest thing with lowering a mustang is the bumpsteer / relation of the tie rod angle to the control arm angle, other than that its that lift you get when turning the wheel back and forth, called jacking. jason will explain it so well you'll have no idea how you were confused about it before in the first place.

for right now im sure you havent even come close to making it turn as well as it can, but jason in my opinions going to tell you to raise it up some.

well so far all my alignment stuff and bumpsteer gauge says im fine