So how many TOB's have you been through?

How many times have you replaced your TOB?

• Never.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Once.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Twice or more.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
As the title says, how many of you have put a TOB in your car, and how many more than 1? I got my 2000 GT with 62k miles; everything about it was in excellent shape. The underside clean with no rust, engine runs great, paint flawless, interior sharp, etc.

2wks after I get the car, the TOB started chirping. I got a TOB, pilot bearing and clutch kit (oem) and put all that in on a saturday at work. Absolutely no problems with the clutch, but ~12k miles later it started chirping again. I didnt have a choice so I had to run it out for a while to get another one in, but in the end I ended up paying to have one put in at work because circumstances change with work rules. The 2nd TOB was put in at approx 89k miles. I now have 96kmi and its chirping AGAIN!

This is very aggravating. I dont think I screwed up with the first install, but I know for sure the 2nd one was done right just incase it was my fault the first one went out. 2 TOB's in 34kmiles, and now it needs another. This is rediculous.

• Sponsors (?)

Well stock one went until 50K...and was still working fine. Pretty quiet. We pulled it and the stock clutch for the Spec STG 3 and put the TOB they supplied in.

Iv got about 1K on the new setup and it seems a little louder already...but then again my car is alot quieter now so maybe it isnt LOL. A

And how loud is this "chirping"?

Never that I know of. My car is definatly on the stock clutch even with 108k on it.

When I first bought it the TOB squeeked a little, and then it really started squeeking shortly after I bought it. It did that for a few months then one day it just stopped.

As the title says, how many of you have put a TOB in your car, and how many more than 1? I got my 2000 GT with 62k miles; everything about it was in excellent shape. The underside clean with no rust, engine runs great, paint flawless, interior sharp, etc.

2wks after I get the car, the TOB started chirping. I got a TOB, pilot bearing and clutch kit (oem) and put all that in on a saturday at work.

Up until this point, I had absolutely no idea what the hell you were talking about when you typed "TOB" :rlaugh: