So I Drove The Lx On The Street For The First Time In 6 Months (bonus Pics Of New Garage)

• Sponsors (?)

If i could do it again i would go with the 9" over the 8.8.

I respect 84ttop's opinion but i disagree, if you priced out a 9" versus a 8.8 with 9" ends and equivalent axles you would find that the 9" isnt that much more money, and you have the choice of better housings with multiple upper and lower control arm mounting points, plus, you have a rearend that will hold its value if you ever decide to sell it. The resale value of a built 8.8 is terrible compared to the 9"

C-clip eliminators are the worst band aid for a 8.8 and the price(and quality) will vary depending on who installs 9" ends on a 8.8

If i could do it again i would go with the 9" over the 8.8.

I respect 84ttop's opinion but i disagree, if you priced out a 9" versus a 8.8 with 9" ends and equivalent axles you would find that the 9" isnt that much more money, and you have the choice of better housings with multiple upper and lower control arm mounting points, plus, you have a rearend that will hold its value if you ever decide to sell it. The resale value of a built 8.8 is terrible compared to the 9"

C-clip eliminators are the worst band aid for a 8.8 and the price(and quality) will vary depending on who installs 9" ends on a 8.8

Yeah if I go with the 8.8 it is going to be a pretty basic setup. I am thinking new diff (truetrac or traclok, not sure which yet), 31 spline axles, diff cover. That's about it. Otherwise I'd rather just do a 9". Still weighing the options. I forgot that I was thinking about putting a Cobra IRS in the car as well, which considering how I like my cars to handle is probably my best bet.

Well that was a turn I wasn't expecting.. Lol.
IRS foxes are pretty neat, still like driving around on a glass slipper especially if you intend to make 600 some HP

Well that was a turn I wasn't expecting.. Lol.
IRS foxes are pretty neat, still like driving around on a glass slipper especially if you intend to make 600 some HP

Depends if it widens my track width. If so (which I think it will) then it will limit my wheel and tire options. Something I don't want.