So i got a 30gb iPod..

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
And already i'm getting pissed off about it freezing up. It's pretty bull$hit that you spend $250 for an mp3 player and have to deal with this crap. You'd think MAC would have their $hit together with as many of these as they sell. Their firmware needs a serious overhauling. Luckily i bought mine used for $200 with a leather case included, but it's only 2 months old and the freezing is software related and not because it's used.

Oh, this was meant for Make Believe but whatever.

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 80gig...and i haven't had a single problem with it at all and it's never froze up on me.

I had some issues during the initial itunes install and when i first started uploading music, but that was because i was using an older computer with Win 98 :(

After resetting it and getting a brand new laptop, i have yet to have a single hiccup with it.

You are using Itunes right? Or you using one of the other available programs?? Hook up to itunes, restore the Ipod and then update the software and try uploading your music again.

If it keeps freezing up, then it's an issue with the Ipod itself

Yeah i'm using iTunes, and i did a restore on it to get rid of all the old junk on it. I'm using iTunes 1.21. I'm charging it up right now in hopes that the battery is just too low. I'm pretty much screwed if it's a problem with the iPod itself since i bought it used.

iTunes 1.21???

I am using version 7.0.2

:rlaugh: That might have something to do with it...it says Software Version 1.21....are we talking about the same thing here? How in the hell did i end up with such an old version?

Ok scratch that, i am on iTunes 7.0.2 but the iPod itself is 1.21. Now it's giving me some error about transferring data to the iPod.

:rlaugh: That might have something to do with it...it says Software Version 1.21....are we talking about the same thing here? How in the hell did i end up with such an old version?

Ok scratch that, i am on iTunes 7.0.2 but the iPod itself is 1.21. Now it's giving me some error about transferring data to the iPod.

Lol, ok i have the same Ipod version, so your software is up to date.

What is the message you are getting? Is it from the PC or the ipod?

I'm getting the error from iTunes. I finally got it to restore (for the second time now) and it says the iTunes and iPod software are both up to date. It's copying over music right now so we'll see. I did a search about freezing up and it seems to be a really common problem...so i hope they get it straightened out or this is going right on eBay and getting sold.

I'm getting the error from iTunes. I finally got it to restore (for the second time now) and it says the iTunes and iPod software are both up to date. It's copying over music right now so we'll see. I did a search about freezing up and it seems to be a really common problem...so i hope they get it straightened out or this is going right on eBay and getting sold.

Its happened to me once.

I haven't had any freezing but at times my comp won't recognize the iPod. The way around that seems to be plugging in the ipod while iTunes is opening. My only real issue is the regret I have for not getting an 80g.

I haven't had any freezing but at times my comp won't recognize the iPod. The way around that seems to be plugging in the ipod while iTunes is opening. My only real issue is the regret I have for not getting an 80g.

I know...i was thinking that too when i was going to buy a new 30 but getting one for $200 was a decent deal and when you factor in the leather case i got, i pretty much got it for half the price of the 80 so i'm ok with that.

Is there some kind of limit to how much iTunes will transfer at a time? I've only got just under 6gb in iTunes so far and it only transferred half that and then just quit transferring.