So I got a car thats stuck with lincoln vii rotors... *slight duw*

ka0tyk

Founding Member
Oct 10, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
grr. i didnt even stop to think about it... i was gonna do a build up in 2 weeks and swap out my crashed fox into a shell i had purchased. i got ahold of some 2001 cobra rims and whaddya know... they dont fit.

i know this might be ghetto... but it seems as if the front lip of the rotor hub section could be beveled and the rim WOULD fit... does anyone know if this can be done? would i need to get it machined or if i did it with a file would it be totaly unbalanced?

i just need this as a temporary option. i will be ordering cobra brakes in the front and purchasing sn95 spindles... but i need the car to be moving very soon. it will be at least 3days to over a week before my parts arrive...

the new shell i purchased...
1.jpg

2.jpg

after a week...
2.jpg

PICT3226.JPG

and the wrecked stang
wreck02.jpg

PICT1277.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

There was a picture either here or on the Corral of a guy that ground down the hub so the wheel would fit. Ghetto to the extreme, yes. Would it work in a pinch, probably. I wouldn't risk it though.

Yes, it can be done that way, although i personally wouldn't publically recommend it.

Even though it's the outer edge, you are grinding away a part of the hub that basically keeps the rotor on the car. If you need it to get the car rolling go for it. I think some pep boys spacers might even work too if it won't be long before you swap to SN95 stuff. Just don't drive like an animal.