so i just watched the bullitt chase scene for the first time

• Sponsors (?)

1320stang said:
BTW, McQueen did all of his own driving in that movie. .

I had previously researched the movie and found this web link in my book marks. It seems that McQueen wanted to do all his own driving but was not up to the task so they had a stunt driver named Bud Elkins.

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

One thing that never occurred to me until later was that it was preposterous that a 390 mustang would keep up with a 440 charger.

Now, on to my experience with the movie. I am 39. The movie came out when I was 1. I saw it on the ABC Sunday night movie when I was 5 or 6. I was smitten with that car. A few weeks later, I was walking with my mom back to our own car at the mall and I saw one. I stopped and was gawking at it while my mother, thinking I was tagging along behind her, continued on to our own car. When she got there, I was not behind her, which she recounts scared the hell out of her. She retraced her steps and found me fixating on this mustang. As she grabbed my arm, I said, "mom, isn't that the coolest car ever?" "Yes honey," she said as she yanked me along.

I did not know what car it was for a long time because I did not know at the time that I had seen Bullit but figured it out in 8th grade. From that time on, I was smitten with the 1967-1968 Mustang. I still am. One day, when I get back to America.......

OK, the Limey is back going on about Euro cars again, but follow this link to download the Ford Puma advert:

http://www.fordpumaclub.it/6_download-area/filmati.asp

It's an Italian site, but scroll down to the bottom of the McQueen images until you find the link: 'Scarica filmato.mov (6,5mb)' , right click and 'Save Target As'. It doesn't appear to want to let me link directly to it.

Anyway, if you're a McQueen fan, a Bullitt fan, or a fan of cool well produced adverts, it's great. There's even a bit for the Great Escape fans too.

Humour me and go take a look...it beats the '05 Mustang Cornfield one for sheer cleverness.

I saw the movie for the first time when I was about 14 years old. I was with my brother and his wife at the drive inn. I don't remember but we were probably in one of my brother's Mustangs. I felt like is was in the Mustang with Frank.