So I turned 40 today, is something supposed to get better now? :D

Life gets better after 40??? Did that happen to me? I just don't remember.......

Seriously, that's true - the 40th BD doesn't seem to have been that much of a milestone for me; life just goes on. Like Chepsk8 said, your age is simply a state of mind; you decide what you want to do and when to do it - whether or not you set a birthdate your target date.

BTW, I turned 45 one month ago today (the 13th).

• Sponsors (?)

EDIT: Damn, this got long-winded. Sorry! LOL

Ditto on all of the "state of mind" comments. I guess I'm a slightly young buck @ 35. I am in the middle of the age range of most of my friends--some are hitting or nearing 40 soon, while others are hitting or nearing 30. While some dread the milestone ages, I find it better to embrace them. It's a great opportunity to step back and appreciate the positive changes that you've seen over the last few years.

I'm ~6 months older than my wife, so I get to pass along sagely ( :rolleyes: ) advice to her around this time of year. Her birthday is in March, and she "catches up to me" in age from my birthday that passed in October. When I turned 30, she asked if I was dreading it. No way. Don't get me wrong--I'm not wishing my life away, and I thoroughly enjoyed my 20's! A little too much sometimes. But, 30 was like a new beginning. I had been out of school for a few years, had a foothold on a good career, and although there were bills to pay I generally had money in my pocket.

I'm a therapist and work at a rehab hospital, and you would be amazed how ALIVE some people are in their 80's and even 90's these days! I had a patient a couple of weeks ago who was in after an elective knee surgery. He is 84 years old, and you know what he does in his spare time? "I live near a lot of elderly people, so I cut the grass for all the old folks during the summer." 84 friggin' years old, and he's talking about the old people! :hail2: That's why he had his surgery during the winter, so he would recover before time to go cut the grass again!

The ones that are in the best health have stayed active, enjoy hobbies (a great excuse to never sell the Mustang), and appreciate where they are as well as where they've been.

As a side note, I do have one regret. I almost bought a vintage Mustang ~8 years ago. I was still single, money to spend, and time to work on it. But, I kept putting it off and putting it off. I finally decided to get serious and find one last year. I only wish that I would have been more decisive and bought it sooner. As has been said, priorities simply change. With a (wonderful) wife and a (wonderful) 2-y.o. son, my time and money are more limited so car projects are long and drawn out. But, most importantly, I wouldn't change it for anything. You live, you learn. Even though my Mustang won't be 'complete' (are they ever?) for years, it is a perfect opportunity to share the process w/ my son as he grows up. I figure that I'll get it done about a week or two before he turns 16, and then we'll be fighting over the keys!!!

Last, but definitely not least, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LARRY!

I don't feel too old, oh, I get sore easier and it stays longer, probably due to the fact that I sit at a desk all day long and don't go work out other than playing basketball one night a week at church. We're moving to our new offices in about 2 months and the new office is about 7 blocks from the downtown YMCA, I told my wife I want to leave for work early, go work out in the morning then go into work. I need to drop a few pounds and I imagine I'll feel a lot better.