So, I'm looking to buy my first car!

• Sponsors (?)

:D

Just buy with your brain and not your excitement!

And yeah, a 5.0 Fox as reliable...that can be iffy.

I bought mine thinking it would be very reliable since most of it had been redone, but I've still had it tore apart longer than its been running in the past 6 months! But then again, its not my DD so I only work on it slowly.

yes wait, my first 88 was cheap running and everything great deal at $1000 (so i thought) until i realized it was ****ed from the ground up, completely twisted frame, cracked floor boards, shot suspension, granted i did already plan to drop 10k in drivetrain and suspension but i wish i just bough a clean fox for around 5k-6k and saved me a bunch of hassle, sad thing is, the 88 had a clean title and carfax, my 87 roller i bought is far cleaner and straighter and it has a salvage title, go figure

if its modified take a good look at the person that did the work, what thier yard looks like, house garage whatever. These things have nothing to do with a car, but if you go to someones house and the siding is falling off and thier lawn is a foot high, do you really think that they "Changed the oil every 3000 miles with MOBIL 1" like every add says????

What he said down to a T. If the person did the work and their protery is very clean and well kept, 99.9% of the time their vechiles are kept in the same condition. My truck has been to one gas station for fuel since I bought it, every time I put fuel in it, I put deisel additive in it, never been below half a tank, all fluids changed over 1,000 miles before they are needed too, constantly greased, washed once a week, even in the winter, several coats of wax in the summer etc, and its babied never anything in the bed and only tows a trailer a few times a year. Now if I put that in a for sale add and someone came to look at it and my yard was a joke they would prob drive away. No this isnt a for sale add, and I did go overboard lol.

What he said down to a T. If the person did the work and their protery is very clean and well kept, 99.9% of the time their vechiles are kept in the same condition. My truck has been to one gas station for fuel since I bought it, every time I put fuel in it, I put deisel additive in it, never been below half a tank, all fluids changed over 1,000 miles before they are needed too, constantly greased, washed once a week, even in the winter, several coats of wax in the summer etc, and its babied never anything in the bed and only tows a trailer a few times a year. Now if I put that in a for sale add and someone came to look at it and my yard was a joke they would prob drive away. No this isnt a for sale add, and I did go overboard lol.

WOWSER, that is quite the devotion to your truck man!!

BTW, here are some pics of the car the dude just sent me.

View attachment 258827

View attachment 258828

View attachment 258829

Thanks dude, I know it does look quite clean on the outside, but it will need a new exhaust. The left pipe is gone due to rust. I believe they are the original exhausts.

Oh well, it shouldn't be a big problem, I was going to go with some flowmasters with super 44's anyway!