So it has begun ( turbo build up )

3turbopipe_resize.jpg

3turbopipppp_resize.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Heddman part # 88400. Unfortunetly, they won't work for you man. Only 289-302. They are a little close on the drivers side. Since headers are always built closer of the drivers side because of the sterring box, the passenger side ( when swapping sides) fits great because it's so close. I thought about jet hoat coating, but someone just told me with 3k on their exhuast, the 2000 deg is lasting well. So I guess I'll spend the 24 bucks for the paint. I am going to try to finish the DP by dumping it out the side behind the pass side tire, with a small desert super trapp. Hope it's not too loud, I don't want any unneeded attention. I may skip the intercooler for now because I don't think the 4 ic's will work like I hoped. So I don't know what kind I want. All the cheap stuff on ebay is tempting, but none of them are baffled inside, which kinda makes it pointless. May buy one and cut it up and put one in.
the oil filter had to be moved AGAIN !! And I am pretty sure I will lower the pump drive back down a little, and the DP will be wrapped. Still waiting on the rest of my stuff for the alt turnbuckle to come in so I can finish up the fab work for that deal.

PS. I also need to drop the pan for the oil return, which I am not looking forward to. The stud girfle causes the pan to have to be lowered even farther, and in turn have to drop the crossmember and steering linkage. then fight the oil pickup to get the pan back on. May just punch a hole, and slide the fitting in, and weld it from there.

Dont call his car a mule, thats ridiculous and rude to come from another stanger, just becasue he hasent spent his every penny on making it look like a show car dosent make it not a mustang, all it does is make sure that he will be seeing your headlights the whole time. and i promise when people see that thing flying down the 1320 they are going to say DAYUM that is a fast A$$ stang...weather then....dayum that thing needs some body work..... why dont you go into a "omg i got a scratch on my 7,000 paint job" thread or something??? Im sure he knows its not a show car that needs some minor body work and does not need help from any one else identifying it...

K THX BYE

mustangman70 said:
Dont call his car a mule, thats ridiculous and rude to come from another stanger, just becasue he hasent spent his every penny on making it look like a show car dosent make it not a mustang, all it does is make sure that he will be seeing your headlights the whole time. and i promise when people see that thing flying down the 1320 they are going to say DAYUM that is a fast A$$ stang...weather then....dayum that thing needs some body work..... why dont you go into a "omg i got a scratch on my 7,000 paint job" thread or something??? Im sure he knows its not a show car that needs some minor body work and does not need help from any one else identifying it...

K THX BYE
I think he was joking. Because he is right: It isn't pretty but it packs a punch!

I would love to pull up next to some brand new car with that thing and just smoke the s**t out of them. So badass. View attachment 509631

302 coupe said:
I like your style of hot rodding, it ain't pretty, but its simple and functional. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it pertains to the whole " Walk softly, and carry a big "F"ing stick" idea. One day it will have carpet, one day it will be pretty, but today I'm making it fast. Relax mustangman. Don't worry about it. I've been making fun of this thing for a while here. But that's what makes it so nice. Waxing a nice looking car, or a C5 driven by some 50 year old man just makes it so much sweeter in an ugly car. they just never see it coming. The feeling is enough to make a full grown man cry.

I have seen a couple people that put the drain into the fp block off plate. If your turbo is high enough, it is much easier than the oil pan.
I wish headers were that easy for me. I thought about using an 8.2" block, but then you have to worry about it becoming a 2 piece block. Instead I get a cheap block and pia headers.

:hail2: DUDE. I completely forgot about that. I wanted to do that, then it got ruled out when I originally wanted to put the turbo on the other side. Well, that solves that. :hail2: Think the next block will be a good 8.2 Then I can keep the headers and everything else, too. I haven't done the math, but will probably be close to converting everything, and still having a stock block.

ANd Jades, That 1.39 will buy me my 3-an fitting instead. :p

brianj5600 said:
Instead I get a cheap block and pia headers.
I bet you can talk to heddman. Get just the pass side header, and ask them to copy it in reverse. Or ask Too Fast to have his guy duplicate his for you. I like his setup alot. Pointing up leaves a ton of room to put the DP. The only thin I didn't like on his setup was the WG location. I am only going to vent one bank, but it will be at the PREFECT angle so the gases don't have to change direction much at all if any.