So my day went AWESOME...rollseyes

• Sponsors (?)

No its not running right, it'll start then die straight away. I am gonna go over the tfi checklist and if it ends up being that I will have to go get one. You wanna meet me and josh at Silver dollar this weekend??

100 bucks says its your iac. Remove the iac and spray it real good with carb clean. Put it back on and the engine will probably idle alright. IF not replace the thing. We replaced iacs at my old job (Ford tech) all the time, for that same concern.

No silver dollar this weekend. I dont think I'll have my car finished by then, but if I do I'll try to make it. So far Im making good time, I got everything but the heads, lower intake, and cam out in about an hour and a half today.

I just drove my beast and dam from a second gear roll its leathal!!! hopefully I can get some gas money and put the bullitts on and stike out bout 12ish I prolly have to work as well, oh yeah so I will have gas money yeaaaah, the prognosis on the 300z is not good im not sure if he is going or not I hope he does, that thing will ride for a 7.5 to 1 comp engine pushin 7psi LOL

Could be a vacuum leak. Check your mass air meter, I've heard of them causing issues like you are describing. BTW how does the car feel with the new intake?

Oh it felt awesome!! I put on the 70mm TB and egr spacer as well. I felt a big improvement. Thats actually a good idea, I forgot I unbolted the maf to put the elbow on and I never put that bracket back on, it migh be loose. It was cold the other day(I was working on it Sat. morning at 6am) and I was having trouble stretching the rubber elbow over the 70mm tb.

I am running REALLY rich though, I need to pick up an AFPR. I went through a half a tank in 24 hours lol

Definitely look into the IAC. When we put the blower on my buddy's car, we started it up for the first time and the thing wouldn't run for crap. Somehow the IAC just happened to go bad at the same time we put the blower on. It was never taken off or even touched during the install, but we put one on and it was perfect. I'd look into it.

So listen to my retardedness..... I took off my Iac and gave it a GOOD cleaning, it prob. needed it anyway, it was black as anything. Well when I was tightening it back down I happened to give the TB a tug to make sure my homedepot hardware was holding it on sufficiently and I found that I forgot to tighten down the Egr valve to spacer bolts :doh: The Egr valve was just held on by the bottom stud which was loose. I remember now that I just hand tightened them the other day in a hurry. I tightened them snug and then I was poking around with my tps which was way off and thats what was making my car idle high. So now I should get better gas mileage :rolleyes: and my car is idling and running great!!!

I've got money, just dont want to give it away lol. I plan on having my car done by saturday, as it sits right now its just the short block without a cam in it. I may go to MNRA on the 31st.

I should be making at the wheels all the time, about what you make on spray when all is said and done lol.