So there I was....

Daggar

Jul 19, 2004
I'm sitting in my living room watching movies with 4 half nekid chicks (relax, they're my kids :D) when.... C!R!A!C!K!!! B!A!L!A!M!M!!!!

Some huge explosion went off just outside of the house. I looked but the only thing that I see out there are neighbors with the same puzzled WTF look on their faces that I have. I ****** up a flashlight and look around. It's raining and there's thunder off in the distance so I'm looking up at the roof of the two story house and around the yard. Nothing looks out of place.

When I get to the driveway, I find a 12 inch piece of plastic tubing. It looks familiar and I know I've seen it before but I can't place it. I put it back down exactly where I found it (just in case) and continue looking around the house. Nuttin. On my way back to the front door, I notice that there is a large amount of mud and mulch on my truck. I shine the flashlight back to the nearest source of mulch which is a large tree standing out in the front yard. While the flashlight is following the grass, it comes across a large concrete rock that's just lying there.

This is when it all starts coming together. There's a small crater in the mulch next to the tree. The plastic gardening surround is pretty tore up and there are several pieces missing. One of the gardening blocks that surrounds the front flowerbed is on it's side and there's a chunk missing from it. That's when I saw the large chunk of concrete step missing and the small debris field scattered over the patch of grass out front.

Yep... we'd been struck by lightning. Appearantly that lightning took a real liking to the iron handrail but didn't take very kindly to the concrete holding on to the thing and not sharing. So it blew the crap out of the concrete in an attempt to liberate the iron rail from capture.

The whole thing was pretty kewl. LOL The lights flicked off and on again when it happened and I didn't discover until later that two breakers had blown and that we had some smoke in the basement. No fire, just smoke.

So that was my weekend. How was yours? :p

• Sponsors (?)

The house I grew up in got hit all the time and it would always blow my TV and light bulb.

One morning I woke up to a THAAAAAAP! BANG! CRACK! BOOM!!!!

I literally think I made it out of my bed, out of the room and into the den in less than a 10th of a second... Well I went outside and lightning had struck a tree outside and a 2-3 ft branch was laying on top of my room :rlaugh:

Also, I was driving by a 911 center 4 years ago or so when their antenna got hit- Felt like my ears were going to explode and everything went WHITE. Scary stuff

Lol I have a good one

I wake up early b/c its thundering outside of course, its like 6am. I go into the b room to take a leak and Im looking out the small window above the tolite, its open so I hear the rain and such.

Then comes probably the loudest thing Ive ever heard in my life. I swear I instantly stopped taking a piss and no longer had to go at all lol. Thats how much it scared me. Anyways we find out the tree in our backyard was struck, well unfortunitally we had a survilance camera mounted on that tree. Well the lightning followed the wire into the house and basically fried EVERYTHING that was plugged in. 3 computers, 5 tvs, xbox, etc. etc. etc. Luckily we had a good insurance company they replaced everything very quickly. Brand new computers, new xbox lol it was like christmas. Our crappy old computers got replaced with brand new ones.

Few years ago when the hurricanes were right over my house, we were all sitting on our porch during the peak of the storm, it was pitch black outside, and we could hear the tornado down the street ripping up the woods, sounded like a train. Every few seconds the whole block would get lit up from the breakers blowing up. It was pretty sick, till we woke up next morning and found out we were block in from trees falling in the street.

i think i like this story.. i'll just change the name to "Daggar/Andy gets struck by lightning" by ass clown :D i'll put it as my english story for my exam this year lol

I was Bow hunting one year when a storm came through.. Lightning hit a tree like 50 yards away and blew the living piss out of it. There were splinters everywhere.. I have not hunted since then..