So...what are folks paying for the GTs?

• Sponsors (?)

I am yet to wait on my GT deluxe comin in anytime before 27th dec ordered on nov 10th, with the IUP,wheel locking kit, leather trimmed bucket seat and auto transmission, it came to $27,440, with TT&T, it comes to $30,000

Ordered my GT on October 25th.
Got a build date of Nov 29th after IUP delay.
Delivered on Dec 8th.

Most internet dealers were offering $1000 less than MSRP of 26305.00
Paid 24450 +TT&L under the X plan... but had negotiated THAT price before signing up for the plan!

Things are getting tougher even when you order.

Good luck!!!!

paid 3000 under list msrp

Edbert said:
Now that they've been out a month are dealers still gouging or are they letting them go at or near sticker?
got 3000 off the msrp price. guys dont let any dealer gouge you. there are going to be a ton of these cars around. ford isnt stupid, and take a look at their stock its been climbing the last few weeks on news of how well the mustang, and freestyle are doing. there will be quite a few on the lots as they ramp up production. dealers will be drowning in them. so dont let them sell you a bill of goods.

Prices stabilizing as inventory builds.

I am waiting for the vert to come out. However, I am also in the
market for a station wagon type vehicle. The Freestyle is 8 week
delivery for an ordered car. Got quoted invoice today for an SEL.
There are 5 Ford dealers within 15 miles. There are at least 25
Freestyles available.
BTW, the Virginia Beach area has a ton of V-6 mustangs, only
one GT I could find in an inventory search. I would expect the
price should be somewhat negotiable.

Can't get one

I finally found a GT that I would be willing to buy at one of the dealerships local to me. 2 different sales guys told me they would sell it to me at X-Plan price. I was literally on the phone with the bank finalizing the loan when the manager called me back saying they would not sell it to me at that price but I could come and order one at that price. I asked him what was the motivation for me to give him business if he was not will to stand behind the word of 2 of his sales folks. He had no answer. I have not been able to find another one I would be willing to buy and even if I did, they are all marked up. All of the dealerships we have called have said that they will either not order on X-Plan pricing or that they will but their allocation is already used up until May. They have all told me 3 to 4 months to get one in once it is ordered. Waiting until they are readily avialable is going to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do :).

Some people are saying there will be plenty of GTs on the lots soon at sub-MSRP, others are saying things like the dealers will not even order us one for months. For me, it makes sense to put down the $500 refundable deposit and order the thing. When March gets here, decide if you want it then. Shoot, somebody would probably give you their kidney if you gave them your order.

I just do not see how we get from a point where everybody wants one, to a point where they are discounting them in a couple months. Is a 300 HP street rod not worth $25k? Come on.

Now, if a California boy is willing to buy one from some dealership that is burried under snow and ship it, that might work..........Best, L.L.

Thanks for all the input fellas! It seems there is not much continuity, and experiences range from dealership to dealership and even region to region. $25K for a 300hp Mustang is EXACTLY what Ford (and the community) needs. When I can go buy one for that, I probably will. I paid $1,000 off MSRP on my 97 Cobra, they were flying off lots back then. No matter how new or hard-to-get the 05 GT is I refuse to pay full MSRP much less a markup.

Paid 28.5 K fully loaded. Shaker 1000, side airbags, active anti-theft. Didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would since I haven't paid anything but invoice on the last 8 cars I have bought. (The real invoice). Helps to have a car salesman for a friend!!!