so what are the cheapest aluminum heads for a 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

notice the 64cc chambers. this will lower your comp ratio a bit. What are your plans, and then buy yours heads aand cam accordingly. Do not skimp on this step. I did, and that is why i am looking to get a set of AFRs for my stroker.

ProchargedGT306 said:
notice the 64cc chambers. this will lower your comp ratio a bit. What are your plans, and then buy yours heads aand cam accordingly. Do not skimp on this step. I did, and that is why i am looking to get a set of AFRs for my stroker.

sig added

90 GT, rebuilt block, GT40Y alum heads, P600b Procharger with intercooler, small NX shot with purge, heater and custom switchpanel, edelbrock performer RPM, B303, 1.7 TFS rockers, MSD 6AL with BTM, 36lb injectors with FMU, Univer Plus, Weiand HiFlo waterpump, Griffin alum radiator, 3G alternator, adj fuel press reg, King Cobra clutch, BBK longtube headers, offroad Hpipe, flowmaster catback, 3.55s, subframes

ProchargedGT306 said:
Hahaha Finally saw the light!

Y heads suck!

GroverDill said:
Hahaha Finally saw the light!

Y heads suck!

GroverDill: Y heads do not suck...they are better than the original GT-40's. With some minor porting to the exhaust side they are just as good as the GT-40X heads. The Y heads are ideal for stock cam and a GT-40 style intake...Sure there are better heads for the money but don't confuse the price with performance. Remember a smaller head is not a bad head...just look at the AFR 165's...after all you got them.

Dude , just go to Mustangs Unlimited and get fully assembled Twisted Wedge Heads for $995 and then you will have top quality Heads on your car. When people start cutting corners when building there cars they end up spending more money in the long run b/c the car turns out to be not what they wanted. Building cars costs money, the cheeper the parts you buy the less preformace you will get from it, its just that simple.