So what up with my gas mileage?

Yeah,

Another dumbass gas thread.

I just filled up yesterday for 33.00 and now 1/4 is like ****ing gone? Sup with that? I'm not running EGR/SMOG but my 02 sensors seemed fine when my exhaust was done. What else can I do to check?? Also my stupid low oil light is coming off and on, ironic since it's been like a month since the oil was changed? Any thoughts?

- Andrew

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles have you driven? I burn 1/4 to 1/3 tank every day. I would burn roughly a quart of oil every 2-3 months before my heads/cam. Now I don't burn any at all. Might try installing an oil seperator. That will help reduce oil comsumption, and give you a couple mpg back.

Thanks Chris - I wouldn't have posted but I've literally driven MAYBE 30 miles total since yesterday and it's always seemed like I got a hell of a lot more out of a quarter tank. I dunno. It's running real good today, but with a quarter tank yesterday left it was running like ish.

Pull your PCV valve, and see if there is oil dripping out of the hose. If so, too much oil is getting past the screen, and into the intake, then into the combustion chamber. This causes poor gas mileage, and excessive oil consumption. If that's good, then pull the codes, you could have a bad maf sensor, or the like.

If we all banded together in a small city we might be able to drain the gas station in a weeks time :D

Better yet a gas guzzling meet, where we give props to the car with the lowest mpg and least amount of mods. We could buy and trade broken maf's and dirty filters :banana:

Engel said:
If we all banded together in a small city we might be able to drain the gas station in a weeks time :D

Better yet a gas guzzling meet, where we give props to the car with the lowest mpg and least amount of mods. We could buy and trade broken maf's and dirty filters :banana:

You forgot bad O2's and low tire pressure. :D

CManT1914 said:
:rolleyes: Quit whining, I only get 170. I knocked down just under 15mpg last tank. I used to get 225 or so before the heads/cam.

last time I filled up I had 157. That is with a stock car, that is slower than stock. :(

how can I tell if my MAF is bad? I have cleaned it 3 times

Maybe you got some stank gas?? if it was an immediate change??
Im knocking down around 19/20 if I drive in civil, as in stay out of it... :banana:
Still sucks to put 25.00 in it and get 7.5 gallons...

I was geting some smokes the other day and watched some boner do a drive off after filling up...$62.50 for a P/U ...the attendant was BS... :damnit: The guy almost creamed a 10 wheeler by cutting him off he blew outta there so fast...
All the stations around here are cash before gas again. :nonono: