So who is running synthetic in their rearend?

• Sponsors (?)

Nice to know Roland.

352Ford - I have heard/seen people just use RTV. My friend used it on both a 95 Gt (put in 4:10's) and on a 00 Gt (put in 373's)...no leaks...

I will/would probably due both for extra comfort...some of "us" are like that:)

5spd GT said:
352Ford - I have heard/seen people just use RTV. My friend used it on both a 95 Gt (put in 4:10's) and on a 00 Gt (put in 373's)...no leaks...

I had my gears installed at a reputable Mustang shop and they said that RTV is fine.:shrug:

Both methods are acceptable. Being a weenie, I do both. I keep a couple extra 8.8" Felpro gaskets on hand for when the time comes (five bucks or so each). I use Copper and the gasket.

But some just use RTV and some just use a gasket (the former is better than the latter, if choosing just one, IMHO).

It is kinda like t-stat housings - some guys RTV and some use a gasket and some (me, once again) do both. :)

HISSIN50 said:
Both methods are acceptable. Being a weenie, I do both. I keep a couple extra 8.8" Felpro gaskets on hand for when the time comes (five bucks or so each). I use Copper and the gasket.

But some just use RTV and some just use a gasket (the former is better than the latter, if choosing just one, IMHO).

It is kinda like t-stat housings - some guys RTV and some use a gasket and some (me, once again) do both. :)

I guess I'm an Oscar Mayer as well...:nice:

I run Royal Purple in the Mach 1 and dino in the 93 cause I am too lazy to change it out.

I just use RTV for the rear cover. That is what Ford uses from the factory on the 8.8s now. When I changed the diff fluid in the Mach 1 I went to Ford to get a gasket and was informed that they don't have any and they just use RTV and sure enough when I pulled the cover off, no gasket just RTV.