So who's been pulled over for noise?

gashog

Dec 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
I just picked up a MAC prochamber OR/H and before I went ahead and installed it I was wondering how loud this thing is going to be and if I was going to get pulled over for noise.

Now, i've heard that these things are loud, but there are plenty of lifted trucks and riced out hondas without cats around here and they are plenty loud. I'm don't want to wake the neighbors when I come home at night.

• Sponsors (?)

not sure about that set up but i do have o/r x-pipe and mac axle back that is by no means quiet, and knocking on wood i haven't been stopped....don't don't make yourself stand out and you'll be fine, hopefully.:nice:

I just picked up a MAC prochamber OR/H and before I went ahead and installed it I was wondering how loud this thing is going to be and if I was going to get pulled over for noise.

Now, i've heard that these things are loud, but there are plenty of lifted trucks and riced out hondas without cats around here and they are plenty loud. I'm don't want to wake the neighbors when I come home at night.

If you install an off road H or X pipe you are going to have to remove your cats, how will you pass California emissions?

Just curious...

If you install an off road H or X pipe you are going to have to remove your cats, how will you pass California emissions?

Just curious...

Simple, just swap the stock h back on when going to get the smog test, other than that, just try not to get caught. I agree with my buddy gashog, where we live there are a lot of honda's and trucks that are pretty loud. I think if you don't drive like a maniac then you'll be fine. (I hope)

Can’t speak for the pro-chamber on the S197 setup but with an O/R H-Pipe and Flows it is pretty loud on start up… once the exhaust itself warms up 30-45sec. it settles down and idles nicely. I can drive the car without attracting attention in and out of the neighborhood but as soon as you get in throttle… it will get loud. Had a buddy tell me he could hear me for over a mile away late one night with hardly any traffic and I wasn’t driving it hard… so yeah it can be loud. Never been stopped because of the exhaust though.

I see you have a gibson axel back, is it chambered or straight through? That makes a big difference.

I have the FRPP stinger axel back along with the MAC offroad prochamber and SLP LT headers and mine is loud at WOT but quiet in the lower RPM's.

With a straight through muffler like the stingers you can keep it quiet around town to keep the fuzz off of you. A chambered muffler will be loud though in normal RPM's.
I had the MAC axel back with the prochamber before and it was very loud in the normal driving RPM's making it hard to keep quiet.

I actually floored it going by a cop and "she" didnt even ask about my cats or exhaust when she pulled me over (for not using a turn signal). I run an O/R Pypes H and no mufflers with Magnaflow tips, its really loud. When cops are around, I just keep the RPM's as low as possible.

I see you have a gibson axel back, is it chambered or straight through? That makes a big difference.

I have the FRPP stinger axel back along with the MAC offroad prochamber and SLP LT headers and mine is loud at WOT but quiet in the lower RPM's.

With a straight through muffler like the stingers you can keep it quiet around town to keep the fuzz off of you. A chambered muffler will be loud though in normal RPM's.
I had the MAC axel back with the prochamber before and it was very loud in the normal driving RPM's making it hard to keep quiet.

The gibsons are chambered like the flows. They sound similar.

Yeah, I have a heavy foot sometimes i'm just worried about the cops I don't see.

Yeah, I have a heavy foot sometimes i'm just worried about the cops I don't see.[/QUOTE]

So do I and the o/r X pipe is not going to make it any better :D I'm going to get the Pypes one. We are going to have one hell of a time though :nice: