So whose cars are actually running right?

• Sponsors (?)

You guys are lucky. Atleast your cars run lol. I hope to start mine tonight after work. but i have been saying thgat for 2 weeks now.

Swarzkopf

It's probably your clutchs slipping and not the converter.

bjl95mustang said:
You guys are lucky. Atleast your cars run lol. I hope to start mine tonight after work. but i have been saying thgat for 2 weeks now.

Swarzkopf

bah.... I got you beat. I've been saying I'm gonna get it running today for a month and a half. :)

WhiteDevil said:
Yea mines running pretty good. The only thing i noticed is everyonce in a while it takes a while to come down to idle. I might replace my IAC soon.

I think you can edit that with the twEECer. It's under functions, ISC Dashpot Decay Rate, although I don't know what to change it to.

Swarzkopf

Could be...reason I'm thinking the converter is going bad is the transmission is running very hot. The car is fine when driving short distances, but after a half hour of driving, the tranny overheats and I get slippage. I'm running Mercon V, a fresh filter, and a big old cooler in addition to the factor cooler in the radiator.

After it overheats, it slips horribly, from a stop or while cruising.

CManT1914 said:
I think you can edit that with the twEECer. It's under functions, ISC Dashpot Decay Rate, although I don't know what to change it to.
I konw that, but its not anything to do with the computer. The rpms are very normal and smooth coming down about 99% of the time, but sometimes it just kinda stays, im thinkin its the IAC sticking a little.

Swarzkopf said:
Could be...reason I'm thinking the converter is going bad is the transmission is running very hot. The car is fine when driving short distances, but after a half hour of driving, the tranny overheats and I get slippage. I'm running Mercon V, a fresh filter, and a big old cooler in addition to the factor cooler in the radiator.

After it overheats, it slips horribly, from a stop or while cruising.

that happen to my work truck, but it over heated once and killed the tranny. after spending boku $ for a rebuild it started to burn up fluid everyday. it was still overheating. turns out i had a big clog in the coolant line(s). thank god it was found or it would of cost me another tranny. so flush out all the coolant lines that go to and from the tranny. it could be something stupid like this, i learned the expensive way.

that happen to my work truck, but it over heated once and killed the tranny. after spending boku $ for a rebuild it started to burn up fluid everyday. it was still overheating. turns out i had a big clog in the coolant line(s). thank god it was found or it would of cost me another tranny. so flush out all the coolant lines that go to and from the tranny. it could be something stupid like this, i learned the expensive way.

I thought the same thing. I flushed the lines last week, and they were flowing great.

Mines running just fine....never did a freakin thing tune wise since I pulled it out... :nice:
I was bored last night so I took the Spintech's off and out my stock muffs back on it...dumped...actually sounds nice with the Prochamber...and the 2k drone is gone, that chit wears on me after awhile....