Soft Touch, Line Lock, 5spd..

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
So I have a new line lock to install. Haven't gotten to it yet. I do not have nor do I want an MSD on this car. I am looking to make it a fun driver and occasional weekend track star. So what I was thinking was about adding an MSD soft touch rev limiter to leave on. Maybe rig it to the clutch switch? Then I started thinking about that line lock...maybe a 2 step.. I have a 5 spd car. I will have a line lock. WHAT DID YOU DO? Any ideas on what would be a good set-up?

• Sponsors (?)

im running a 6AL2...

button on the shifter to the 2 step. im going to rewire it to be tied to both the clutch switch and the button. so i have to hit the button with the clutch in for it to come on. but once i hit the button i can let go of it

Same as the others, tie it into the clutch switch. I personally would never run a 2step with the stock balancer though. We all know that the rubber falls out of them all on their own and a 2step would only speed that process up and when it does go south, bambalamb cracked block..woops, don't ask me how I know, lol. Any decent aftermarket balancer and you're golden