Solar Trickle Charger Need

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean, "They are not strong enough"? Do you mean that you are still loosing charge with these things in place?

Of so... you have other issues aside from your charging method.

Harbor Freight tools online. I have one for the car that I bought from them. Ithas plenty of juice to keep things charged however if yours is not maybe your drain is more then it should be.

Allen

My 93 Cobra is driven about 100 miles a year. It sits forever. I start it when I can. But today since it was 80 degrees I decided to stretch her legs. The battery wasn't completely dead but would not crank over. It is the original battery and I want to keep it this way. I think my solar chargers are like a couple watts ea. I have seen more, up to 12 watts or something like that. I just think she needs more kick.

Your battery is over 14 years old and doesn't see regular use. Its probably not holding a charge anymore. Someone can correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure the average oem style battery is supposed to be replaced every 5 years or so.

Replace it, its not going to effect the collectibility of the car. If you really think having the factory battery will be important then just stick it on a shelf and use it for the times you have the hood up for show, or plan on selling. But use a good battery for driving. Otherwise you risk getting stranded.