sold my bullitt!!!! here's her replacement coughcoughTWINTURBO

Odd that rules were posted on "03-04-04, 01:13 AM" ...but I found this http://k53.pbase.com/v3/96/492696/1/48255824.spoony693et.gif GIF from this forum, from another sig someone was using just a few weeks ago...so I thought the one I picked was safer, but I didn't know it was against the rules. Maybe it's a new addition to the rules. Sorry about that.

"will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts"

...bet that one gets broken about 100x a day, unfortunately. Guess I better read all of them. :nice:

The rules were recently updated but that post I made was old. I didn't wish to notify you in the forum, but your PM function is disabled.

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't read most of this thread due to retardation.. but..

That is one HELL of an UPGRADE!!!! Anyone who says the Mustang is nicer or whatever is (as Streetstang put it) Smoking crack!!!

That BMW beats the hell out of a Mustang... Enjoy your nice ride man! :nice:

The BMW is a nice ride, but I would not give it a double take if you pulled up beside me. I am sure you got a lot more looks in the Bullitt than you will in the BMW. I showed my wife the photos. (she cares very little about cars) she thought the BMW looked like a lot of cars on the road and the Bullitt stood. I have owned a BMW, Benz, Audi, I like my Cobra the best. I get more looks in one week in the Cobra than I did in all the years I drove the high end cars. The ride was a lot nicer in the BMW, Benz etc. so I am sure you will enjoy it.

The BMW is a nice ride, but I would not give it a double take if you pulled up beside me. I am sure you got a lot more looks in the Bullitt than you will in the BMW. I showed my wife the photos. (she cares very little about cars) she thought the BMW looked like a lot of cars on the road and the Bullitt stood. I have owned a BMW, Benz, Audi, I like my Cobra the best. I get more looks in one week in the Cobra than I did in all the years I drove the high end cars. The ride was a lot nicer in the BMW, Benz etc. so I am sure you will enjoy it.

Think you nailed it. If "UPGRADE" and "nicer" or prettier fit-in-finish was all that mattered this would be a "Lexus" NG...or you'd start seeing subjects like "Got a Camry - so STOKED!!". And in case it was missed earlier, I'm still saying that BMW makes sweet cars - Mustangs are different and another Mustang will be my next car.

you nailed it! i used to enjoy all the looks i got from my loud ass mustang, but now i'm pretty content with nobody staring at me. it feels nice!!!

It's ok but I'm personally not into perfection, I like things to rattle and fall off every now and then.:D

Be prepared for people to snob you off on the street if you live in a blue collar town.

PS> oh yeah if I could afford the $40-50k price that IS the car I would buy (2dr). I think they have a 5yr unlimited mile warranty and all servicing during that time is "free".

to say a performance oriented bmw has more reliability than a mustang is laughable

I see a lot of BMW's and European cars in general, in my shop, and I guess they must be *built* with cold weather in mind and aren't accustomed to 100+ degree parking lot heat and the higher operating temps that come with it, like we have here down south. It's not really a reliability issue (guess it could be), but almost every European car I work on, be it 3 years old or 20 years old, every piece of hose, tubing, plastic trim, wires, electrical connectors and vacuum connectors under the hood...just seem to be way too cracked, split and crumbly. And especially with the newer VW's that I've been seeing ... the interior trim, door panels and headliners don't hold up mutch better - see lots of sags and bubbles showing up when the glues start to break loose.

i dont have to pay a dime for service for a loooooong time. i hope this blue collar city of miami treats me right. :D i mustve seen about 6 murcielagos on the beach last saturday night. and guys if i was buying a car STRICTLY for the warranty i wouldve bought a hyundai... once i anticipate having a car for more than 4 years i'll start thinking with that mentality

btw for those doubting it's reliability and whatnot lets be realistic. granted it's the initial production of a new motor, but i have enough faith in bmw to make a car in the 21st century that is built to last. my dad has put 240k miles, 100k miles, 36k miles, and 80k miles on his respective bmws and all of them have worked nearly flawlessly.

btw for those doubting it's reliability and whatnot lets be realistic. granted it's the initial production of a new motor, but i have enough faith in bmw to make a car in the 21st century that is built to last. my dad has put 240k miles, 100k miles, 36k miles, and 80k miles on his respective bmws and all of them have worked nearly flawlessly.

Just noticed your "founding member" tag in your avatar - do you plan on getting another Mustang, ever? When I got rid of my '02 Mustang I thought I'd be headed towards the direction of EVO's, SRT6's, SRT8's, Mazda8's, Next Gen GTO/Camaro, etc...and thought I'd never want another Mustang, but looks like thought wrong. Just trying to make up my mind on which one I want.

Just noticed your "founding member" tag in your avatar - do you plan on getting another Mustang, ever? When I got rid of my '02 Mustang I thought I'd be headed towards the direction of EVO's, SRT6's, SRT8's, Mazda8's, Next Gen GTO/Camaro, etc...and thought I'd never want another Mustang, but looks like thought wrong. Just trying to make up my mind on which one I want.

i WILL have another mustang. it's just a question of when. i miss it but without selling the bullitt i never wouldve been able to afford this puppy :flag: she served her duty and i'll reward her spirit with another mustang some day, hopefully sooner than later

I am thinking of getting a 335i coupe in the spring when i graduate college. I really like the car and everything BMW has to offer. With the new 07 335i and the vishnu performance computer they run around high 12's low 13's. That is with only increasing the boost around 2psi to both turbos.

Also i do not plan on keeping a car more than 2-3 years before getting another one i do that now. I was looking at 03/04 cobras but i live up north in NY and i need something that can be driven all year and am sick of driving "winter cars"

Excellent choice on the BMW though.:nice:

I have 3 different frinds who have owned BMW's in the past and have had nothing but bad luck with them. THey literally spent 25% of the year in the shop,and none of the repairs were cheap. There was not one problem with any,just a whole heap of little problems but it never cost them less than $900 for any fix. All these cars were 2 or 3 years old at the time. 2 of those guys no longer own Bimmer's the 3rd is on his second car after the last "electrical glitch" cost $6000 to repair. The new one has been nickel and diming him now too. They are quick and yes the handling is awesome but reliability is not somethign they should brag about. Also-twin turbo inline 6 thats makes a whopping 300 hp? I'd expect better after paying that much for any car.

I have 3 different frinds who have owned BMW's in the past and have had nothing but bad luck with them. THey literally spent 25% of the year in the shop,and none of the repairs were cheap. There was not one problem with any,just a whole heap of little problems but it never cost them less than $900 for any fix. All these cars were 2 or 3 years old at the time. 2 of those guys no longer own Bimmer's the 3rd is on his second car after the last "electrical glitch" cost $6000 to repair. The new one has been nickel and diming him now too. They are quick and yes the handling is awesome but reliability is not somethign they should brag about. Also-twin turbo inline 6 thats makes a whopping 300 hp? I'd expect better after paying that much for any car.

As above if they where 2 or 3 years old they would have been under warranty for any of the issues you mentioned.

Not saying I dont believe you but I dont believe you. I would be highly suspisious if a dealer wanted me to pay $6K for an electrical issue at all let alone when the car was under warranty.

As above if they where 2 or 3 years old they would have been under warranty for any of the issues you mentioned.

Not saying I dont believe you but I dont believe you. I would be highly suspisious if a dealer wanted me to pay $6K for an electrical issue at all let alone when the car was under warranty.

Even "free" it still sucks to make car payments while the car stays in the shop so long. Had a Bronco II set at the dealership for 2 months, under warranty, because they couldn't find the bad injector wiring. And it took 3 dealerships to find the problem.

And 6k doesn't seem too far out of line, for a BMW, because I saw the invoice where the VW stealer charged $2,400.00 back to the "warranty" ...for a blower motor repair on my old VW. A friend paid $2,500.00 for "fuel system repair" on his Jaguar - they replaced 1 tiny piece of fuel hose.