Sold the Camaro!!! Carmax rules. Foxbody FTW!

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
Well, I have been trying to sell it for a while. I was selling it for $3500. No it wasn't perfect but to be honest, I don't see very many F-bodies in as good condition as mine. Anyways, it was tough getting a buyer. Why? Because of all these amazing deals people talk about getting and everyone wants a LS1 and this one had the LT1 which everyone thinks is slow, I mean what a weak motor, with longtubes, mild cam, and exaust and a K&N and ported stock MAF and a bad distributer it made 293RWHP and 318RWTQ throught an automatic tranny. I had no problem making kills in it. I raced a mostly stock fox with a gear and pullies and exaust and it wasn't much of a race. When I put new distributer and some other mods I'll say it woke up big time. I liked it but damn, I'm just a foxbody guy, to the core. I don't know why, I just love them. This car rode great and smoothe, braked great (LS1 front brakes) and handled like it was on rails, not to mention accelerated great. But like I said, I loved my fox.

So I put it up for sale, asking $3500 and even when I fixed the distributer I kept the price the same. I had a few interested, but most thought the price was too high. I had a couple people offer to trade for thier foxes, and I would have taken it but it never happened. People giving me lowball offers and people talking about getting LS1 Z28's for the same price. I'd hate to see thier condition.

I got tired of it and just had feeling to take it to carmax to see what they would give me. We know they lowball you, but will just buy your car. They apraised it for an hour or so, came back with a quote of $4000. They said they would like to buy even if I wasn't going to buy. So, I took it.

I was looking at a '04 Cobra.... but I have to keep in mind I love foxes.

All these trying to low ball me to get themselves a deal: See what you can get better for that price. I was selling low because I had to pay for the storage and extra insurance and I have a credit car I'm paying off, it was a nice car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, total POS huh.

BACK TO THE FOXBODY. I will never leave again. That was a freaking big mistake. FOX FTMFW. DON'T sell your fox. You'll regret it. I just sidetracked, that was bad enough. If I sold mine, I would probally have a bullet in my head right now.

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy an Ls1 camaro for $3500???

Exactly my point. If so, Where???? See, somewhere someone let one go that cheap, and it was probally a total POS with a salvage title and no doubt damaged. So now everyone thinks they can get a mind condition one for that price. The internet forklore sucks.

I would have e-bayed it but I don't have time, plus that can be a headache. People seemed to think that there must be something terribly wrong with the car. I kept getting messages about how they are willing to take it an fix it up. Yeah, it had some things like most 10 year old cars, but damn, come on.

I was selling because I have 3 cars, technically no residence, so I have to keep 2 at my grandmother's and one in a 10X30 Storage unit which was $154/mo, the car was listed right by the name of the model (HIGH RISK) on the insurance, more than doubbling my car insurance, ($80 or so extra a month lets just estimate) then I have a Credit Card I owe enough and it cost me $130/mo. Not to mention, like all cars, especially performance cars, it's a money pit by itself. So, that car was costing me between $300-400 a month I would estimate. That is why I needed to get rid of it!!!!

Sorry about the rant though, I was a little "high" from going from a $300+/mo expence to having a $4K check in my pocket and knowing the FOX is returning soon!!!!

i sold my fox to get that 97 z i had.. it was alot futher along with a 6 speed and just a plain bad m'fer.. but i got tired of it and missed my 92.. i sold it, bought a ranger.. sigh now my life sucks.. lol moral of the story.. keep the fox.. you'll regret it

yeah, never liked it.....If you can get the Cobra....yeah get it!!........

Bro, I just picked up a 2001 Lighting and love the feeling of a stock supercharger.....super fast!!

My next car will be a 2003 Termintor

I wouldnt touch an LS1 for under 10k, anything else has been beaten to death and has serious issues. I bought my 00 Z28 for 6k and the money I had to dump into it just to get it running right was horrendous. Your car was super clean you could have gotten at least 5 for it easy, especially with summer coming up soon.

i know where a 97 with an LS1 can be picked up for $2k but it supposably just needs a headgasket. before anyone says anything, the guy has a warrantee on the motor, so why not just have the motor pulled... replaced, and put back in and sell it for 3x or more than that? yeah.

you can buy an lt1 car for $2000, and less

Example please? See, that's what people will say, but I am yet to see them. You might find a ragged out V6. But why would people sell for half what a dealer would buy it for. You can't get a decent foxbody for that. I would let that car catch fire and burn to the ground, I could have nabbed about $8K but that's fraud, and I don't do that. Did it pass my mind..... maby but what goes around comes around.

Of course there is that once in a blue moon thing you'll hear about. Kind of like the new Porche the lady sold for $50 to get back at her ex husband or something like that.