Sold the mustang

ROLLIN5.0 said:
I have been in atleast 10 F-body's, and there hasn't been one yet, where I didn't feel like the dash hit the bump before my seat (actually watch it move a split second before I do).
I find it humorous that I am the one being biased, yet you are the one defending the rattle box with defective window motors :D . Let me explain to you the difference between being built cheaply, and being built efficiently. When a company builds a car with the cheapest parts that they can find without sacrificing quality, they are building the car efficiently. When a company builds a car with the cheapest parts they can find regardless of quality, they are building the car cheaply. You can defend it all you want, but the second description is the path that GM took when building the F-body. It is NOT normal to have a part on a vehicle go out more than once over the life of the vehicle (on numerous examples of the same model). It is also NOT normal for a car to rattle. The F-body, and the FOX were both lacking quality design. That is why both cars rattle like a can of rocks. They do however serve their purpose. My 95 has 133k miles on it, and the car does not have any hint of a rattle. My 97 Expedition has 223k miles, no rattles. My 71 F-100 (35 years old), god only knows how many times the 5 digit odo has rolled over, no rattles. My Probe, 200k, and rattles like a can of rocks, but it serves it's purpose. The Probe is another example of a car built cheaply. In the last two years I have sold a 92 Lexus ES300 with 160k miles, no rattles, and a 99 Infiniti I30 with 129k, no rattles. You can say that you have been driving vehicles that are notorious for this, so you are used to it, but it is NOT normal. The car was built as cheaply as possible, because they knew that people like you would look past that, and see only the drivetrain, and aggressive design. The level of quality, or rather value (what you get for your money) is the main reason the 94+ Mustang outsold the F-body nearly 10-1, and ultimately lead to it's demise. Had the F-body not had some of it's notorious problems, it would have been worth the extra scratch to a lot more people, and would probably still be pounding the streets today. Do I own 4 Ford's? Yes. Am I biased toward them? I am biased toward vehicles that do not have defective parts, like the window motor listed above, and the fuel pumps GM chose for their 350 Vortec. I haven't had a Ford YET that has had a chronic defficiency. When I do, I can assure you that I will talk about it in the same manner, and will not purchase another that shares that element.
Brandon
I've sat in atleast 20 95+ GT's and Cobras and they all felt the same as my fbody.....also remember that most fbodies are t-top so they may not be quite as stiff as a hardtop.

Things like window motors(not even that bad) are the price you pay to get a car with an LS1, T56, good brakes, suspention and killer looks for a base price of 22k. I guess GM could have put wonderful window motors in, and given the fbody a 1979 platform, a crappy 2v 4.6, a defective/weak 3650 transmission, a ghetto hood prop, a more fragile bottom end, inferior suspention setup, seating position like a 4x4, and a shifter in right field somewhere.....but hey, some of us can do without those things.

• Sponsors (?)

mattkimsey said:
Things like window motors(not even that bad) are the price you pay to get a car with an LS1, T56, good brakes, suspention and killer looks for a base price of 22k. I guess GM could have put wonderful window motors in, and given the fbody a 1979 platform, a crappy 2v 4.6, a defective/weak 3650 transmission, a ghetto hood prop, a more fragile bottom end, inferior suspention setup, seating position like a 4x4, and a shifter in right field somewhere.....but hey, some of us can do without those things.

You YELL, as you rattle down the street... click, clank, squeek, squeek...:Zip2:
It is obvious that you are a child, so I will leave you alone. I was under the impression that I was having an adult conversation.
Brandon

ROLLIN5.0 said:
You YELL, as you rattle down the street... click, clank, squeek, squeek...:Zip2:
It is obvious that you are a child, so I will leave you alone. I was under the impression that I was having an adult conversation.
Brandon
sorry to disapoint you with the brutal truth. I need to wash my mullet now:D