Solid Adjustable degree lifter

85 Coupe 5.0

Founding Member
Dec 18, 2001
Kansas
After much searching, I am unable to find a solid adjustable lifter for the 2V, aside from the Ford Racing kit that comes with one for $150.00. I'm sure there are companies out there that make them, but i'm only going to use it once, when i degree my cams this weekend, and it's done. Sooooo, i made my own. Here are the pics. If you want to read more, see my thread at the modular depot at:

http://forums.************.com/4-6l-2v-tech/102585-cam-degree-help.html#post844230

ok, for some reason it shows ***** where modular depot should be, so just type the URL into your browser.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have also seen that done, and thought about it. But I have had many people tell me that it's not accurate. It's close, but you can't get all the lash out or take out too much and hang the valve slightly open. It pretty much has to be solid adjustable from what i'm finding, which makes sense.

there have also been many disputes that using the stock lifters that are still pumped up works too, but can produce mixed readings.

the forum over at the depot has a lot about welding, stock and adjustable.

Just got started on the cam swap last night, so we'll see how it goes.