Some Dtc Codes

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sea of Tranquility
Pulled some codes on the Cobra we got last week. The CEL isn't on BUT I think it may be out or disconnected because is doesn't come on when you turn the key on.

P0411-
Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected

P01443-
EVAP Control System Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve Fault

P0174-
System Too Lean (Bank 2)

P1519-
Intake Manifold Runner Control Fault Stuck Closed

P0411 and P1519 are new ones on me. Maybe they are all related?

• Sponsors (?)

Might want to pull the plugs on bank 2 and check the color. Maybe do a compression test while you are there just for piece of mind. I don't think anything is wrong in the cylinders but its a new to you car so while you are there...

If the color on the plugs in bank 2 looks good and you aren't having drivability issues then I think you are ok to run it for a bit. Do they pull codes when they smog check in your state or just do a sniffer ?

Shouldn't the IMRC fail open ? Either the return spring is detateched/broken from the linkage or the solenoid that holds the IMRC shut is frozen in the closed position. Not fun to take apart but you can always put a vac hand pump on the actuator and test it manually.

If the IMRC is not opening I would expect your plug color to be ugly and black showing a rich mixture in general. Might not be noticing it at the tail pipes if it isn't TOO bad and cats are still doing their job.

I wouldn't be too scared of some seafoam in the tank. Take the throttle body off and check out how dirty it is on the back side, that will give you a good idea how clean/dirty it is in there.

Also might want to do a compression and leak down test for kicks. If the cylinders are tight and the back of the TB/inside the upper plenum looks not TOO bad, dump a ton of Seafoam in there.... then again, I'm a seafoam whore.... love the stuff......

Also, Kilgore, is that your Mustang in your profile pic ? Its cold out there man, your pony is shivering !