Some misc. questions...

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Chicagoland
Hi all, just curious about a couple things, and have a couple other questions. My first one is... Does anyone here run the Typhoon intake, and if so, how do you like it? I had been eyeing it on eBay, and decided to let the money burning a hole in my pocket get the best of me, and went ahead and ordered one. Plus, the $279 pricetag vs. over $500 for the Edelbrock didn't make it too hard to choose. :D

My next question has to do with the GT40P's. I picked up a bare set for $150 off of eBay about a month or so ago, and haven't really looked too much into doing anything to them yet, but what should I be looking to spend on average for machine work (larger valves, drill for EGR)? This will be the first set of heads I've built, so I'm also looking at what valve sizes to go with as well as what springs to get? Anyone who has, or had these heads, please feel free to add your .02 cents, as I don't want this to be an expensive learning process gone bad! :rlaugh:

My engine is also I believe a non-roller block, since it's not the original engine, and I was told this one came from a T-Bird that had a carb on it (early-mid 80's?), so when I convert it to roller lifters, are there any problems I'm going to encounter, or should I just get a roller block and start fresh? This is definitely on a tight budget, but I'm sick of letting the car sit while I still pay insurance on it. I'm not out for a ton of power here, but even a high 12 sec 1/4 would make me happy. At least this engine does have forged pistions being pre '93, so NOS could still be a possibility.

Thanks in advance guys!

• Sponsors (?)