Some more bolt ons

• Sponsors (?)

1) Look up PI swap. You get the most gains out of the intake and cams, you don't need to swap the heads.
2) Full exhaust will get you the most gains if you are staying NA. Start with a cat-back, then do long tube headers with a matching shorty mid-pipe.

I agree with the above. Forget pulleys, throttle body, plenum, etc.

If it isn't gears, PI swap (or at least PI cams and intake), or full exhaust you're wasting your time and money. Boost or nitrous is another good alternative.

I agree with what was said above. PI cams and intake swap, gears, and full exhaust are the way to go. Until then, a couple of relatively inexpensive and very worthwhile mods are a shifter and full-length subframe connectors.

:flag:

correct, i have a 98 also, and am told me the tuner would recal my speedometer. I dont think they realized i had a 98 but w/e. Ill need to buy the speed cal this paycheck, hopefully its an easy install:D

edit: oops, what max said, you dont need a tune just a speed cal, tuner wont work to recal

If I go with 4.10s I need a tune and a speedo adjuster right?. Since I have a 98 I heard that a performance tuner with not fix the speedo. Correct?

If I go with 4.10s I need a tune and a speedo adjuster right?. Since I have a 98 I heard that a performance tuner with not fix the speedo. Correct?

You do not need a tune with gears, and I would not get one unless your car is an automatic.

Keep in mind what your overall performance will be. If you will never go more than bolt ons, I would recommend getting a SCT tuner from American Muscle with free tunes for life. That way whatever mods you get, you will have the correct tune for it.

lol ... thats pretty much all ive done to my car so far (also an auto). You'll be amazed at the difference. I also wish i had more money to put into he car, but i got mine with 100k on it, and pretty much the entire suspension was shot, so i've been trying to build that back up while doing little things here and there with some extra cash.

I'm only saying this b/c a search hasn't brought the subject as performance mod. Alunminum bushings for the steering rack, supports ackerman geometry, you will feel a big difference as far as the tires gripping the road. I have stock springs, and used the offset bushings, the rack was lowered but my front tires grip the road as the road was made for my tires. Highly recommended if you like autocross, gives a really good feel for the road. Not recommended if the car is already lowered, increases bump steer if the car is already lowered. Use regular aluminum bushings for lowered cars.