some new pics of my project

94convgt

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2001
las vegas
Here are some newer pics of my daily driven banana.....
group_3_016.jpg

group_3_018.jpg

group_3_017.jpg

group_3_015.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just got the new blower on after blowing my A-trim sky high. I thought it was an S-trim but found out the hard way it wasn't. 10lbs. of boost at 6200 rpm wasn't sittin right with it. This one is definetly an S-trim and it's at 10lbs. of boost and really liking it.

I just got it back together and running last night. I got the AEM tuned in for the new setup....42lb. injectors and 75mm fox body TB along with the added flow of the supercharger. It's a pretty safe tune as my A/F at full boost is 10.0 and my timing is 21. I did keep up with my buddies Z06 that has exhaust and some crazy kinda dual ram air intake. He started to pull a little by 130 mph though. I've got the tune dialed in a little better today so we'll see what he's got later tonight. He ran a 12.8 on street tires just recently so i'm pretty happy with the preliminary results.

I'm going to dyno it within the next week or so to find out exactly how much power i'm making. Can't wait to see the numbers....i hope i'm not disappointed.

SuperDust22 said:
man I really like those rims. What kind are they? Also you have any track times or dyno numbers, oh and a list of mods.

The drag setup is Bogart drag on star with 275-50-15 on a 15x10....front is 15x3.5 w/26" Goodyear. The street setup is rear: 18x10 w/285-40-18....front: 18x9 w/265-40-18.

The only track and dyno #'s are from a year ago when it was n/a and it only ran 14.2 @ 98 with a 2.1 60'. I was launching way too high and just spinning the tires. It made 244rwhp the last time i dynoed it.

The motor is completely stock with just exterior bolt-ons. Mac unequal length headers,Prochamber 2 1/2",Mac catback,Trickflow Street heat intake,75mm Accufab tb,42lb.injectors,Vortech S-trim,custom made piping and cold air pipe,TKO trans,3.55 gears,Mac upper and lower control arms,MSD digital 6+,HVC coil,Mocal oil cooler,AEM ems w/3.5 bar map and single channel wideband.

Those are the main parts but there are lots of little odds and ends like Steeda shifter and Mac subframe connectors.

Those are bogart wheels. :nice:

Does the AEM do away with the MAF? If not, you are going to have a serious rich condition when the blowoff valve opens and dumps metered air out into the atmosphere. I can't remember if the AEM is a speed density setup or not. If you don't mind me asking, what did the AEM setup set you back? If you prefer not to post it that's cool as I know its up there in price. I plan to go to a stand alone on my turbo project car whenever I get around to starting on it.

donjohn said:
yea, i like the street rims, not so fancy on the track rims but they look mean... under the hood looks awesome, but what's the vortech piece on btwn the super and tb? bov for a super?

Yeah it's their race bov. I had to have something to vent the air or the supercharger would go boom. They don't recommend the standard bypass for anything over 6 or 8 psi if i'm not mistaken.

I'm running a map sensor now so i can vent to atmosphere. Not to mention it sounds pretty damn cool. It gives the little Honda guys something to scratch their heads about.

davins130 said:
how exactly do you make a fox throttle body work for a sn95? dont you have a problem with the throttle cable?

I used a Lokar SS cable with a UPR egr delete plate. A stock 93 throttle bracket that had to be cut to clear my taller aluminum valve covers. A throttle body that fits a fox body of course.....fox body IAC....fox TPS. I think that's about it except for the new piping you'll have to make.

Killercanary said:
Also, what is your suspension setup as the stance is killer, especially with the bogarts.

What valve covers are those too?

Thanks....i like your car too. The suspension is QA1 coil overs with 1" lower front strut,QA1 control arms and K-member.

The valve covers are tall fabricated aluminum that i picked up off Ebay. They worked great except for all the custom crap to get the supercharger to fit. What a royal pain in the ass! It was worth it though as they look so much better.

About your other questions....the AEM can run Maf or Map. I used the AEM 3.5 bar map with mine as i've got quite a bit of experience tuning a map car. It runs and idles absolutely perfect. You could never tell it had anything done except for the supercharger whine.

The price was at cost because i bought 4 at the same time and my buddy is the guy who wrote the software. When your in the market let me know and i can look into a price for you.

VibrantRedGT said:
What exactly is that box next to the AEM box?

It's a vacuum tree. I just drilled and tapped the intake and ran a hose to the tree. From there i'm running everything i need and still have 2 open ports. I rearranged my whole vacuum setup and simplified it as much as possible.