Some new pics of the rebuild............

fiveo'cobra

Oct 7, 2004
SC
Sup guys. Some of you may recall my motor taking a crap on me and losing compression in the #5 cylinder. There was also oil on that plug so i knew it was something internal. Anyways i pulled it today along with the tranny and while its out i am rebuilding it/modding it. Problem ended up being a cracked piston. Keep in mind i am a sophmore this year in college and this engine problem caught me completley off guard. Even though i wish i could bore it .30 over i dont exactly have the funds for it but i am making the best of it. Anyways, while it was out i was thinking i'd just port the intake and throw in a cam and call it a day modding wise, but then my mustang buddy gave me quite an exciting phone call. He said one of his buds was selling his E303, and stage II ported and polished GT40's hence my sig. These heads were prepped by PAR racing with high lift "beehive" springs($$$) with titanium retainers, 2.02/1.6 valves, and it even came with a set of pretty new Crane 1.7 rockers. So i tell my friend great so what. He tells me the guy only wants $400 for the heads, rockers, and cam because he is in desperate need of money. I freaked since the work on those heads is worth almost $1000 alone. Called up a buddy from clemson with a GTS to see if he wants my stocker GT40's and we're workin on that deal so it will be win win for everyone.

View attachment 506187
View attachment 506189
DSC00225.jpg

The E303:

View attachment 506193

Some other stuff i picked up for the rebuild:

-FMS HP engine gasket kit
-ASP smog delete
-FMS AC delete
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-BBK AFPR and autometer fuel pressure gauge to be mounted on the cowl.
-King Cobra clutck kit
-Steeda double hook firewall quadrant and adjustable clutch cable
-ARP head bolt kit
-Trickflow 3/8ths inch intake spacer
-FMS double roller timing chain
-180* thermostat
-Clevite main bearings
-Clevite rod bearings
-FMS hardened pushrods

Don't have pics of everything listed:

DSC00220.jpg

View attachment 506197

Also got some free 275 pilot sports from a buddy with an 03' cobra i will be using at my local 1/8th to test out the new combo. They're used and sorta crappy tire but it will give me a good idea before i get some DR's.

View attachment 506199

The upper and lower intake are also being ported to keep everything flowing well. With all the money i had saved up, i was going to buy Longtubes, X pipe, and some MAC pro dumps, but now its all going toward the project. SO, this combo will be breathing through a totally stock exhaust, TB, and MAF. By xmas i plan on having changed those out and getting some Nitto 555 DR's so i'm sure there is another 20-25whp waiting there because of the new high flowing setup.

Anyways here are a couple pics i snapped of it before everything was pulled:

This is what it looked like before:

View attachment 506201

And after:

View attachment 506203
View attachment 506205

The guy that had those heads and cam on a stock cobra intake was running them on his 95' cobra with 3:73, and DR's into the 7.50's in the 1/8th all motor with bolt ons and a drag suspension so i can't wait to see what this thing is going to be like when its all back together in a couple week. Anyway that's my progress for now and i will keep you guys updated with the project and more pics as it progresses. Later. :flag:

Attachments

• DSC00225.jpg
    DSC00225.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00220.jpg
    DSC00220.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

That's awesome! A friend of mine just ran a 7.50@100mph in the 1/8 in his 94 347 S/C vert making 600RWHP. I know he could go faster, but they wouldn't let him run again with no cage.

Just a quick observation. Ididnt read anywhere what piston you are running. You do know those 2.02 intakes wont clear stock piston notches? I may have missed some info somewhere, just dont want you to get a suprise.

194stang said:
Just a quick observation. Ididnt read anywhere what piston you are running. You do know those 2.02 intakes wont clear stock piston notches? I may have missed some info somewhere, just dont want you to get a suprise.

My thoughts exactly. Those pistons in the photo look like stockers. Beehive valve springs are nice, but if they fail there is not secondary spring to keep the valve from dropping into the cylinder, just some food for thought. Congrats on the deal though!

Do you have any photos of the chambers and good ones of the ports on those heads? I'm really curious to see what they did to them. Awsome find, gotta love it when that happens!

Oh, and how much did you get that gasket kit for and where?

I will take some more pics of the heads when i get back. The gasket kit i bought from summitracing for $90. Its really a great deal. I was only going to get intake gaskets, timing cover gaskets, and head gaskets, but buying them seperately was almost $80 so i went ahead and just got the full gasket set. Comes with damn near every seal an engine has.

Alright. Motor is back in and car is running. I just ordered and installed a BBK 70mm TB and C&L 73mm MAF. Also installed the BBK ceramic Lontubes, O2 extensions, and Stage 8 header bolts. The Dr. Gas X pipe and Mac pro dump catback is on the way right now, but for now its running with open LT's lol. It sounds INSAAAAAAANE. Like a pro street big block. Anyway, a dyno session is coming up in about a month i will be doing with an SCT tune. I'm expecting around 325whp out of this combo. Will post more pics and keep you posted.

Slick...sounds like your liking it.... :nice: One hell of a difference ain't it...she runs and sounds like a Mustang should now...
open LTs....SWEET!!!! love that sound.