Some nitrous help please.

just_a_guy84

Jun 27, 2003
I just scored a deal on a nitrous kit on craigslist for 170 bucks, I have been doing my research, however, since the kit I purchased is used it does not have all the original equipment. I need a wide open throttle activation switch (it came with a push button). another fuel line, and the main nitrous line. I will get a bottle heater too. And of course the other necessities, colder range plugs etc.

Anyhow, it came with a variety of jets and a small jetting chart. I have done some searching on many different sites, including stangnet and I have found that many different kits have different sized jets that supposedly add up to the same size shot. So I am moderately confused. I have the NOS soft plume nozzle kit. the chart says that a 52 n2o jet and a 28 fuel jet= 100hp, however various calculators say otherwise. So some schooling on jets would be quite beneficial. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe NOS jets their kits to make the 100hp at the crank. Other companies that may use larger jets for their 100 shot are claiming 100hp at the tire.

It is all relative to your fuel pressure and nitrous bottle pressure. Here is a chart that will allow you to modify both these pressures ... **note: this chart calculates using crank hp**

DynoTuneNitrous.com

thanks, that helps a lot. going through my bag of jets, I have a couple .110 that calculator says good for 550hp with 43.5psi fuel and 850psi nitrous....anybody want these jets? I have no use for them. however, the chart that recommended the 52 n2o and 28 fuel is good for 120 at the flywheel. So that should be about 100whp. thanks again. seriously, if anybody wants those .110 jets hit me up I have 4 of them, you would just have to get the fuel jet to match.