Some of you will claim 'rice' but hear me out...

When I first posted on stangnet I thought of doing a throw back to a GT 350. Well, that is being done to death and so I'm moving to a different throw back platform. The Mach1/Boss look is what I'm going for now. There looks to be some really good kits for this from Cervinis and I plan on using the front chin spoiler, the rear ducktail spoiler, the rear window louver, and possible the trunk deck lid spoiler. Throw in some AFS Mach 1 Mac Black 18x9's with some Goodyear F1 and I'm done right? No, not so fast I still need the hood changed out. Now Cervinis has nice looking hoods but the only functional one is from a different kit. The Mach and Boss kits are bolt on for looks only IIRC.

So I've been looking for an alternative and I have come up with Seibon Carbon Fiber hood (specifically the TS hood which looks vented) and trunk. Why would I do this? Well I have a little 1970 Boss 429 Hotwheel in front of me and the whole hood and trunk are painted black. So I was thinking of changing up a bit and replace the black with carbon fiber.

I think this may look pretty good. A nice throwback look with some 21st century technology as well.

What say you my fellow stangsters?

http://www.seibon.com

Unfortunely they only have a pic of the SS type hood.

Here is a link to the TS hood on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-07-FORD-MUSTANG-SEIBON-CARBON-FIBER-TS-HOOD-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33646QQihZ005QQitemZ150026110939QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, but that hood just screams "rice."

If you really want to emulate the older Boss Mustangs, suggest you go with the Classic Design Concepts shaker intake system (the 1969 and 1970 Boss 429s had black shaker hood scoops). The hoods were not painted black, but some had wide black stripes that covered maybe 2/3 of the hood.

MD07GT said:
If you really want to emulate the older Boss Mustangs, suggest you go with the Classic Design Concepts shaker intake system (the 1969 and 1970 Boss 429s had black shaker hood scoops). The hoods were not painted black, but some had wide black stripes that covered maybe 2/3 of the hood.
There are some Mach 1's where the hood is 90% or there abouts painted black. What part is 'rice' the design or the the fact that it is carbon fiber?

I've seen the shakers and they look nice but I have a JLT CAI and I'm happy with my HP boost that spending $800+ on the shaker is not gonna happen.

There is nothing wrong with carbon fiber. It's light. it's strong. However, that hood does look too 'ricey' to me. I plan on doing the same type of look with mine, and I am leaning towards either a Cervini hood or a Foose hood from CDC, no shaker for me either. If you find a carbon fiber retro hood let me know.

I'm not particularly fond of carbon fiber hoods, but that isn't what kills that hood for me. IMO, what makes it "rice" is the number of vents in the hood. If it had only two vents towards the front (similar to the Shelby GT 500 hood) it would be OK, but six vents is ridiculous. :nono:

Remember these styles of Carbon Fiber are CF backed with fiberglass. So they actually are as heavy as standard FPR. No real weight savings. Especially over the stock alum hood. But I know your going for looks, just an FYI.

Now "dry carbon" is truly 100% CF and light as heck. Course it's matte in finish and generally icky looking. :)

MD07GT said:
I'm not particularly fond of carbon fiber hoods, but that isn't what kills that hood for me. IMO, what makes it "rice" is the number of vents in the hood. If it had only two vents towards the front (similar to the Shelby GT 500 hood) it would be OK, but six vents is ridiculous. :nono:

I'm definately not fond of the SS one but the TS does have potential. They also make an OEM version but that would be a waste of time.

I agree, if they had a two vent hood similar in design to the TS it would be more of a traditional hood. The thought of carbon fiber being used as an accent compared to black paint is intriguing but I may find something different by the time I get this stage of modding my car.

BACKORDERES

If product is in stock, you order will shipped the next business day. However, if we run out on an item, your order will be placed on backorder, and will ship your order as soon as possible. Varying on product production, back orders may take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks. If you would like to cancel your back order, there will be a 25% cancellation fee. Most aerodynamics orders take 2 to 4 weeks for you to receive your merchandise. Special orders take 3 to 5 weeks. Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges and returns. Shipping charges are NOT refundable.

what a bunch of :bs: i would not buy from these people.