Some one answer this question please

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
So Ford is taking orders for the new mustang. How come here in upstate NY the dealers say they are not yet.Is ford allowing orders on a state to state basis.What is goin on here.by the time i get my order in it will be way back on the list and winter will be here before i get my muzzy. Mustangs dont drive well in 3 feet of snow ha ha. No really , by the time i get it ,it will be time to put it away for the winter. This Sucks

• Sponsors (?)

2005muzzy said:
So Ford is taking orders for the new mustang. How come here in upstate NY the dealers say they are not yet.Is ford allowing orders on a state to state basis.What is goin on here.by the time i get my order in it will be way back on the list and winter will be here before i get my muzzy. Mustangs dont drive well in 3 feet of snow ha ha. No really , by the time i get it ,it will be time to put it away for the winter. This Sucks

Ford was originally supposed to offer final options packages and pricing to the public on May 24 for ordering. For some reason, this did not happen and no new date has been set. Some dealers are taking orders; some are not. My dealer will accept orders, albeit, without set options or prices. This leads me to believe that dealers are able to secure "rough" stangs but are not being officially put into the ordering bank. Some people say they are but, I have pre-ordered two mustangs in my life and everytime I was able to get a VIN number assigned to that car, even when the assembly line wasn't ready. This is not happening now so that leads me to believe they cannot assign a VIN because they are not being entered into the official order bank. Hope this helps.

spectravp said:
Ford was originally supposed to offer final options packages and pricing to the public on May 24 for ordering. .

Actually Ford NEVER said they would have pricing on May 24. They told the dealers that the order bank would open May 17 (then bumped to the 24th). Almost everyone assumed that we would have pricing at that time, an incorrect assumption.

The way the Ford system works is that the price is not really set for the car until the car is built and the dealer is invoiced. So if Ford announce pricing this afternoon, it really wouldn't matter because it could change a dozen times between now and when the cars are built and invoiced.

Ordered my 05 Stang Today

Just placed my order in NY for an 05 Mustang GT premium - RedFire, side air bags, polished aluminum wheels, interior upgrade. No pricing yet, but the dealer entered the order over the Ford intnet website.

rich8566 said:
Just placed my order in NY for an 05 Mustang GT premium - Fireglow red, side air bags, polished aluminum wheels, interior upgrade. No pricing yet, but the dealer entered the order over the Ford intnet website.

Are you talking torch red or Redfire. I have not heard of Fireglow red.

order dates

no dealer can place an order for a mustang until week 26 or july 1-7 2004
and then again the order banks will open on weeks 36 thru 39 or sept 9- oct 1
2004. each and every dealer in the us will have the opportunity to order 2 and only two at that time. i have the letter that was sent to all ford dealers but no way to scan and post. if someone has a fax i will fax it to you so it can be posted.

howie7019 said:
no dealer can place an order for a mustang until week 26 or july 1-7 2004
and then again the order banks will open on weeks 36 thru 39 or sept 9- oct 1
2004. each and every dealer in the us will have the opportunity to order 2 and only two at that time. i have the letter that was sent to all ford dealers but no way to scan and post. if someone has a fax i will fax it to you so it can be posted.

You can fax it too me. I will turn it into a PDF and post it. Fax number is: 631-231-9702

When is an order an order?????

People say I order'd a new mustang ..... but when is an order an order?

Walk into the dealer, say I want a new Mustang, the dealer says sure, takes $500 ... is this an order?

Weeks later dealer gets actual info on options, now is it an order?

Week later dealers are allowed to "Type In" orders into a some computer bank. The computer "confirms", which basically means that it says you hit the return key on the keyboard. Is it an order now? (By the way, the dealer enters 453 "orders" knowing that he will get 23 cars this year, but hoping that maybe if he enters enough his allocation will get bumper to 30 cars)

WEEKS later the dealer is actually allocated an order from FORD, who pulls one of the banked orders and commits to building it (someday). Hmmm, now did the dealer want your car built, the sales managers, his girlfriends/wifes/both, or a stock unit since he already has $500 of your money but could sell the stock unit to someone new??? If he choses you, Now, maybe this is an order?

Sometime the vehicle is actually entered into the plant production schedule. VIN is coming.

Low and behold, it is built (but note, it may have been shuffled around in order)

If passes inspections, shipped.

Arrives at dealer.

You get your car.

Bottom line, a lot of people have "Orders". Just where in the food chain you actually are, wait and see.