Roush Some pics from the HIN show in San Diego this weekend

Well this isn't really Saleen related but this is the only section I post or know people on stangnet so thought I'd share some pics from the weekend. Hot Import Nights was down in San Diego over the weekend so I thought I would check it out. Only 4 stangs including mine, 2 05's and a bone stock 94-98 v6. It was nice til 6:30 then it started to rain which sucked. Thankfully a girl gave me some plastic bags to cover the interior.

Anyways here's some pics. Before you ask, Mercedes was not at the event. :) Below are a few pics, more pics of the models and rides here: http://www.bluegt.com/HIN/ (scandalously clad outfits warning)

07.jpg

09.jpg

View attachment 482957

View attachment 482959

Shaun

• Sponsors (?)

Always love you sharing pics Shaun. I think Mike and Dennis should work on getting scantily clad women to appear at SCOA events.

P.S. The 03 18" Cobra chrome's are really growing on me. Looks good.

sstrayer said:
Thanks Marcus,

I'm actually putting on some new rims in a week or two before Knotts.
http://www.dpengineering.cc/images/wheels/hires/dpe_r05.jpg

Shaun

Those wheels look pretty sharp! If I were to go with a set of non-Saleen wheels, a nice set of HRE's would be the way I would go......I know, expensive, but sweet looking on ANY car.....

Dean's old Saleen cobra (Kevin's old car as well):
APEX18.JPG

Kevins current Saleen cobra:
APEX15.JPG

I can't remember if these are HRE's or not, but still look sweet. He even got the saleen caps to work on them........

s351rspeedster said:
Those wheels look pretty sharp! If I were to go with a set of non-Saleen wheels, a nice set of HRE's would be the way I would go......I know, expensive, but sweet looking on ANY car.....

Dean's old Saleen cobra (Kevin's old car as well):
APEX18.JPG

Kevins current Saleen cobra:
APEX15.JPG

I can't remember if these are HRE's or not, but still look sweet. He even got the saleen caps to work on them........

I love the HRE's but yea they were out of my range. I think the polished 445r's 18x9 / 18x10.5's would have been a little over $4k with the discount I had after tax. I'm helping build a site so I'm getting the DPE's for half of what it would have costed me.

Shaun

marcus95 said:
Always love you sharing pics Shaun. I think Mike and Dennis should work on getting scantily clad women to appear at SCOA events.

Great idea, Marcus! I'll get my wife to help me out with that one. :rolleyes:

Nice pics as always, Shaun. That WRX with the pink wheels has got me thinking about doing the same thing for our G35.

sstrayer said:
Indeed! :)

Well, Carlsbad Outlets has a mini Crystal Cove'ish hangout every Saturday. I went out to it today with a few of the club members. Didn't feel like starting a new thread so here's some pics from today.

Pics: http://www.socalstangs.com/photos/carlsbad_outlet/

01.jpg

Older Blue mustang vs new black 05 GT... Both look good !
But after looking at the picture over and over, I'd pick the blue stang anytime :nice:

Head Paneer said:
Nice pics as always, Shaun. That WRX with the pink wheels has got me thinking about doing the same thing for our G35.

I talked to the owner, turns out pink is STI's color in Japan, don't ask me why.

00s281sc368 said:
Older Blue mustang vs new black 05 GT... Both look good !

====================

Now to keep whoring up my own thread with misc stuff, I made a small interactive car editor that you can color and modify a bit. Well I think it's neat anyways! :D

Click picture to enter. (1.46mb load)

Yea I'll have to look into removing the pony. It matches my front US memorial plate although does look cleaner w/out it. The plate isn't even on at the moment as I took the bracket off for the last show.

I added some ghost flames tonight as well. Probably going to cleanup the interface a bit. I'm still going to try and add what I can think of, especially if I can do it in Flash since it's very little file size to add things. Swapping body parts won't be happening on the car though. All the color scheme's would make it way too much work. It would be possible to do rims though.

nerd.gif