Some pics of my car!

• Sponsors (?)

how do you like the shaved dripped rails- i did that to mine and i notice under high speeds i get a little wistle till i adjusted the window.

looks great... might be the same color as mine

2005 honda silverstone metallic?

Thanks all for the comments.

About the shock towers, there are none I have a Rod & Custom MII coilover front suspension.

The seats are from an Infinity g20 and are really comfortable and I was able to retain their track and power functions. Just had to remove the rear tabs. Don't think they raised the butt hight too much but the car had been in resto mode for three years and in sitting in driveway mode for 7 years before that, so I'm a bad judge.

as for the color, it is seal gray and is a Porsche 911 color.

The side mirrors are the shelby style, I too was gonna stay away from them but toward the end of the project couldn't find an alternative and now I'm glad I didn't I love the way they look on the car. I did mount then a little foward of there standard spot.

As far as the apron and hood the are both steel, I ordered several fiberglass pieces and did not like the fit or finish.

thanks again for your replies

Carlos

12sec67 said:
how do you like the shaved dripped rails- i did that to mine and i notice under high speeds i get a little wistle till i adjusted the window.

looks great... might be the same color as mine

2005 honda silverstone metallic?

I do notice some wind noise at high speed over the exhaust, I think I need to adjust the windows and the weather stip on the quarter. But i like the look of the shaved drips, I feel it give it smoothes out the car some.

Carlos

spirockp said:
Carlos what size tires and rims do you have? Also how much did you lower the front and rear?

Thats a tricky question...

I have 245/45/17 all the way around w/ 5.5 backspacing this is where it gets tricky. I have a 67-68 9" rear, so it is wider and that allowed for the bigger backspacing. In the front, The MII suspension allows for larger wheels I actually tested 275's with 5.75bs and it worked...lol. Although I just put wilwood brakes upfront and this caused my track to get a little wider and I had to roll the fender a bit.

As far as ride hight, the rear is stock ride hight with 4.5 leafs and the front is hard to tell because I have 2" drop spindles and between the coilovers and the arms in this kit you have alot of adjustment. So I kept adjusting till I like it.

Carlos

TurboXstang said:
Your car looks sweet. :nice: What door handles are you using on the outside? (what kind of vehicle did they come from or company?) What year of altima are those side skirts from and did you have too do much modifing too make them fit?

Those are Miata door handles from the first gen miata.

The skirts IIRC are 03-04 Altima, they just needed to be heated and molded a little and we reversed them, front to back.

I can post beter pics of both of these later...

Carlos

The body mods are all great. Using skirts of an Altima is a unique, and good looking choice. The hood is steel? What company? I've been looking for a cowl hood, but didnt want the issues of fiberglass.

BullittStangV8 said:
The body mods are all great. Using skirts of an Altima is a unique, and good looking choice. The hood is steel? What company? I've been looking for a cowl hood, but didnt want the issues of fiberglass.

It is custom made using the cowl section from the hood...here come the flames... of a '69 camaro... honestly I'm not a chevy fan whatsoever but the '69 cowl hood is one of the best looking cowls i've seen.

Carlos

Carlos your car is incredible, all of you guys are really inspirational to me to get going on my projects and not be afraid to try something different.
Excellent job, I just wish I had the skill and patience for such body work tricks!

stang65' said:
It is custom made using the cowl section from the hood...here come the flames... of a '69 camaro... honestly I'm not a chevy fan whatsoever but the '69 cowl hood is one of the best looking cowls i've seen.

Carlos

to be honest, who cares! your car is awesome and looks great, and i agree with you on the hood choice..the 69 camaro has a bad a$$ cowl hood, did it have the flapper thingy on the back? couldnt see

MustangMatt1966 said:
to be honest, who cares! your car is awesome and looks great, and i agree with you on the hood choice..the 69 camaro has a bad a$$ cowl hood, did it have the flapper thingy on the back? couldnt see

Thanks, yes it does have the "flapper thingy" it does not overhang quite as much because the cheby hinge must be different, must open more out then up...

LUCAFU1
how do you like the MII IFS kit? Hows the handling?

I think it handles great, and the power R&P steering is awesome!!!!

If your thinking about it I highly recommend Rod and Custom, Can't say anything bad about the others but I can say this, William and Willy were always available to answer any question about the kit. Its nice to actualy talk to someone about a product they have ACTUALY installed themselves many times.

milner351
Carlos your car is incredible, all of you guys are really inspirational to me to get going on my projects and not be afraid to try something different.
Excellent job, I just wish I had the skill and patience for such body work tricks!

Thanks, Thats what these sights and the tv shows are for, getting ideas seeing the one you like and scraping the ones you don't.

ok a little long winded...

Carlos

Dang just saw the car... you snagged my idea on the Altima side skirts and flipping them left to right. Never did get a chance to measure it. How was the fit? Did you have to do any trimming? Love the car, every bit of it! I have quite a few mods going right now that I am sure a few will have a problem with, but who the hell cares. It's my car! And opinions are like... everyone has one. Thanks for posting.

68converted said:
Dang just saw the car... you snagged my idea on the Altima side skirts and flipping them left to right. Never did get a chance to measure it. How was the fit? Did you have to do any trimming? Love the car, every bit of it! I have quite a few mods going right now that I am sure a few will have a problem with, but who the hell cares. It's my car! And opinions are like... everyone has one. Thanks for posting.

The fit was almost as if it was meant for the car, no adjustment in length just a little heat gun in order to get the curvature of the car.

let us know what your working on.

Yeah, I think I've learned one thing in this hobby... someones gonna love it and someone is gonna hate it, no matter what it is. But it's the ideas that keep it interesting.