Some Pictures form a car show last weekend.

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno, and I hate to say it, but if this is where ford is headed in the future, count me out. This retro style is going beyond my taste.

I don't mind shelby's work, and the ford gt is still sexy, but i'm not a fan...

not a fan at all. :nonono:

Caldwell said:
I dunno, and I hate to say it, but if this is where ford is headed in the future, count me out. This retro style is going beyond my taste.

I don't mind shelby's work, and the ford gt is still sexy, but i'm not a fan...

not a fan at all. :nonono:

Did You Know......

A de-badged Ford Fusion was shown to 200 people and not a single one guessed it was a Ford.

Ram000 said:
yeah, chevy's trying to jump on the retro bandwagon. everyone thinks they started the retro thing with the ssr, but they forgot about chrysler's pt cruiser and the plymouth prowler.

And, of course, Ford was there before Chevy as well .... with the Thunderbird.

I kind of like a hint of retro here & there. Example : what if Ford brings out a new "Galaxy" model. I wouldn't want to see a small FWD car carrying that name. Chevy did this (Impala/Malibu). Granted, they're puttin' V8's in them now, but they're still FWD & have no relation to their ancestors.

DougNuts said:
Did You Know......

A de-badged Ford Fusion was shown to 200 people and not a single one guessed it was a Ford.

see i believe that, but the ford fusion to me doesn't seem like it represents the movement ford seems to be going with their vehicles as of late.
ie: ford gt, mustang, f150, thunderbird...
many of their top end cars have gone the whole retro style.

and Ram said it just like White did,

you either like the style or not. I don't like square cars. Period... if the vehicle has a square style to it, i know already i won't like it... I love the sleek sexy round contours. ie: our model cars. Too bad they just aren't that popular ;)

What car do i like? The 2006 Jaguar XK, now there's a sexmobile

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Is that series 1 thing in production??? Where do I sign up?

Neither of those Shelby's is a Series 1. The Series 1 is an older car. I don't know if it saw production, but it was in a movie I saw a good whie back ... I think .... "Rollerball"? Anyway, the ones pictured are the new Shelby GR-1 and the new Shelby Cobra concepts .....

SeventyMach1 said:
Neither of those Shelby's is a Series 1. The Series 1 is an older car. I don't know if it saw production, but it was in a movie I saw a good whie back ... I think .... "Rollerball"? Anyway, the ones pictured are the new Shelby GR-1 and the new Shelby Cobra concepts .....

yeah I believe it was in production for 2001 some famous guy has one, I saw it on cribs a while ago lol:cheers:

DougNuts said:
Did You Know......

Really? Looks like a blown up focus to me :dunno:

And i dont like this moving forward into the past garbage. The past muscle cars were great! We ALL know that. Lets leave it at that and keep evolving the mustang to something new and better. I say after this model the put on some horizontal tail lights and i will call it even with Ford. :cheers:

SeventyMach1 said:
And, of course, Ford was there before Chevy as well .... with the Thunderbird.

I kind of like a hint of retro here & there. Example : what if Ford brings out a new "Galaxy" model. I wouldn't want to see a small FWD car carrying that name. Chevy did this (Impala/Malibu). Granted, they're puttin' V8's in them now, but they're still FWD & have no relation to their ancestors.

Damn you. You had to bring up the galaxy for some reason I want an old galaxy 500 to restore I have no idea why but i do.

I like the retro look

DougNuts said:
Did You Know......

Maybe because it's a Mazda? :shrug:

Im wondering what the next generation Mustang is gonna look like.:shrug: Hopefully they're not starting over and going with a Mustang II style next...