Some Track ?'s and what should i run game..

Well the track sucked Friday..... I went to Englishtown (Raceway Park) in Old Bridge, NJ and only got 1 run in after 2:30 hours and left...... friends warned me it sucked there and i would only get 1 or 2 passes but the track I wanted to go to (Island) was closed due to rain... anyway with my 1 run i ran 14.8 @ 93.8 with a 2.2 60' and grinded pretty bad going into second and winded 3rd out too long...... I know if i had more runs i would have been low 14's easy (less nervous...got a feel for running the car all out again..etc..) .... im going to Island this coming Friday and know i will be able to get alot more runs in and a much better time.....

i'm normally in 94-95 section,but i'm looking at a 98 cobra soon, so i ventured over here just to see what this forum was like.

tomorrow night at raceway park they have the cruise night thing where you get to make a pass for free. last cruise night it wasn't too crowded.

i'm looking to race my car tomorrow, going to be ashamed of the times, but racings racing.

• Sponsors (?)

Run about 20-21 lbs in street tires. Turn them over to clean them. Try launching at 2500, slipping the clutch a bit until you roll then nail it. You can increase the launch RPM's in increments to see what is best. I can get sub 2.0 sixties on street tires. Every tenth off your sixty=2 tenths at the end. Shift at 5300.

umkay:rolleyes:

Ill lay the smack down on that azz, then hand the keys over to your bud for him to continue the smack down! LOL! Ive got a couple meetings in the morning. Depending on how things go, car might be for sale in the next week or so. Ill PM ya the details, and then the dr's and welds/skinnies are yours for free if your friend is ready to buy.

Got the cash and waiting on you:nice: