Some vital info about your Mach 460/1000

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by MustangJunkie, Apr 22, 2005.

1. squares98

squares98 Member

Those articles help tremendously. My stereo has never sounded good since i put the aftermarket head unit on and now it sounds decent.
  2. Mossberg

Mossberg Active Member

I ripped out my full mach 1000 system last year. The way Visteon made this system was almost like they intentionally wanted it to be a pain in the ass for you to upgrade the system (aftermarket sabotage). I spliced into the existing tweeter wiring for my door and rear deck component speakers.

I will probably sell my full mach 1000 system soon. I am a music producer and my ears needed more quality and output than the mach 1000 system provides, although, the mach system does get very loud for a stock system.

Damn my sensitive picky ears!
  3. Fast02

Fast02 New Member

CDT sounds nice. Crystal clear and loud. Whats funny is when its very loud you can still talk to the person next to you without yelling...bit on the pricey side though.
  4. topless98gt

topless98gt Adhesive Feces

Let's say I wanted a completely new sound system. What all would I need?

head unit
    wiring
    component system
    amps
    WHAT ELSE?

Also - if I got two new amps, could I just bolt them to the mach amp rack in my vert?
  5. Black2001GT

Black2001GT Founding Member

Good info, moving to Sound and Shine.
  6. Will2001GT

Will2001GT New Member

Wait, so which rear amp is powering which parallel speakers? My rear passenger side amp is blown while the driver's side is working fine (Convertible, one is one each side of the hydraulic top motor).

So what am I missing out on power and speaker wise with the rear right amp not working? I've messed with the balance and fade, bass and high's but I can't tell any difference. It's almost not worth the hassle as the sound is pretty good to me, but if it would make a lot of difference I would like to replace one or both of the amps.

But where can you get those amps? Only Ebay?

I know it isn't the best system but I already went into debt buying the car itself so I can't spend much. But a $50 used amp (what I saw on Ebay) would upgrade my bass by double it might be worth trying out (as I do have the seats already out anyway after replacing the cylinder top's).

(oh sorry for the HUGE thread bump! This came up on google and I'm a new member here and didn't think to check when the last message ways. :( )