Someone hit my beautiful black Stang!

Black Sun 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2002
L.I., N.Y.
Not eally a tech issue, but someone hit the rear quarter panel on the passenger's side. The dent is about 2 ft. long x 1 ft. wide. Paint wasn't damaged. Anyone know how much it's going to cost to fix something like this and what has to be done? The trim is crunched, too.

• Sponsors (?)

Unfortunately, it's my daily driver until I get another car. When I have the other car and my driveway is done (long story), it goes in the garage. Either way, I was wondering if there were any autobody guys out there that can give me any ideas.

Oh, it will get fixed. The question is: WHEN? What's even worse is that I have a matching dent directly on the other side of the car, but much smaller. I plan on having the whole body re-done after my Cobra brake upgrade, but I have to drive around for at least another year before it gets done.

If you have to replace the rear 1/4 it will have to be cut out and thats expensive if its done right. My friend bought a 87gt that was wrapped around a telephone pole and the back 1/4 panel had a dent 6" deep the size of a telephone pole (go figure) It cost him $2500 to have it fixed, but that also included a new gas tank and some other things.

Wow, that sucks. If it's not too bad, it can probably just be pulled out on both sides (with a little filler added), and the car will look like nothing ever happened. Sorry to hear about that.

What makes this even worse is I think I know who did it. *cough*neighbor*cough i was away snowboarding for the last few days and the car was parked in the street right acroos from my *cough*neighbor's*cough* driveway. Fella saw me today, too, and isn't fessing up. I just moved into this house, I'm finding out all my neighbors are the stepford wives. Sorry, I know this isn't tech, but this is a good chat board. Makes me feel better during my plight. :flag:

i had damage to the passenger side of my car in 2002. it was a 6" crease/dent that ran from the front edge of the door all the way to the rear 1/4 panel, stopping right before the fuel fill door. some of it was pulled out, the rest filled in. the body mouldings were also replaced. all that cost $1,300.

btw..where on li???

Makes ya feel any better my ex-girlfriends mom hit my stang and didn't fess up to it, it wasn't until I found black paint chips (quite tasty by the way, I recommend eating one today!) But realistically, just check their cars late at night while their sleeping, if you find paint on em, question them, if they deny it, call the police and let them hold you back while you (rightfully) threaten to whoop some ass! It could have also been one of his friends, but I'd definitly as him if he/she saw something suspicious.

***DISCLAIMER*** plastic_cow does not assume responsibility for anyone eating paint chips - ever. In face, he has tried them and does not recommend you actually eat them, lest you become like him. (Be afraid, be very afraid)

This is by far turning into one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Totally lightening up my mood. We think his wife did it, she parks her car in the garage. The only issue is that there was no paint damage, so there may be none on the other car. And if there were, they had time to compound it out. What is even funnier is that when I went out and started my car up before, he went out around the same time and opened up the garage! i couldn't get a good look, and didn't wanna make it look obvious, but it felt a bit taunting. There's more to this story, but it's probably inappropriate for this board. There's some odd stuff going on around here.......

Alright, this is what you need:
A black pair of nylons (or a stocking cap, but nylons are much cooler, give an effect)
A black shirt and pants - preferably sweat pants, more on that later
A sock full of quarters (for your neighbor, or for the fine you get by breaking into his garage)
A crowbar, or taser...

Okay, First, apply the nylons to your head, pull down firmly, make a mean face...
Second, put on black clothing, make sure no tags are showing, as it might give away your pants size - making you feel self-conscious while doing your dirty deeds
Third: grab the sock full of quarters, if your a poor college student like I am, use pennies, nobody uses them and the smell bad anyway.
Grab the taser or crowbar, if your using a taser, subtilly convince your neighbor to open your garage up so you can look in, or just as him the truth, if he spouts off a line like "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" abort, your in way over your head and your about to find out if Roswell is real or not
If your using a crow bar, convince the door to open and take a peek.
In either case, if the result of your troubles is found to be an affirmitive acknowlegement to your existing suspicions, THEN get angry, if it's negitive, say something loud, like "See, I told you Will, they're aren't is no such thing as a midget nun!" And run off in the opposite direction of your house screaming "No midget nuns, no midget nuns"

Alright, this concludes my stupidity

***DISCLAIMER*** I'm an idot and should not be held responsible for anyone carrying out said thingies... Oh, a more subtle way would be to buy Three Day's Grace's new CD and play "I hate everything about you" whenever your neighbor walks outside, it'd be like his theme song... he'd confess to anything if he kept hearing that for a month or two. (Might take awhile, it's a good song - but your neighbors will get the idea, or you'll get a ticket for disturbing the peace)

plastic_cow said:
Alright, this is what you need:
A black pair of nylons (or a stocking cap, but nylons are much cooler, give an effect)
A black shirt and pants - preferably sweat pants, more on that later
A sock full of quarters (for your neighbor, or for the fine you get by breaking into his garage)
A crowbar, or taser...

Okay, First, apply the nylons to your head, pull down firmly, make a mean face...
Second, put on black clothing, make sure no tags are showing, as it might give away your pants size - making you feel self-conscious while doing your dirty deeds
Third: grab the sock full of quarters, if your a poor college student like I am, use pennies, nobody uses them and the smell bad anyway.
Grab the taser or crowbar, if your using a taser, subtilly convince your neighbor to open your garage up so you can look in, or just as him the truth, if he spouts off a line like "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" abort, your in way over your head and your about to find out if Roswell is real or not
If your using a crow bar, convince the door to open and take a peek.
In either case, if the result of your troubles is found to be an affirmitive acknowlegement to your existing suspicions, THEN get angry, if it's negitive, say something loud, like "See, I told you Will, they're aren't is no such thing as a midget nun!" And run off in the opposite direction of your house screaming "No midget nuns, no midget nuns"

Alright, this concludes my stupidity

***DISCLAIMER*** I'm an idot and should not be held responsible for anyone carrying out said thingies... Oh, a more subtle way would be to buy Three Day's Grace's new CD and play "I hate everything about you" whenever your neighbor walks outside, it'd be like his theme song... he'd confess to anything if he kept hearing that for a month or two. (Might take awhile, it's a good song - but your neighbors will get the idea, or you'll get a ticket for disturbing the peace)
****Can I have some of that*************************