Someone tried to break into my 00 GT - Had some questions!

Ugh.. I go to get in my car this morning and notice someone tried to break in last night, (Picture below is self explanatory, even scratched the door tint) The problem is I don't have a garage to put the car in at night..

It seems weird to me that when you lock the doors with the remote you can still unlock the doors from the inside? So if someone manages to get a hanger or whatever through the weather stripping they can still unlock the door?!? What would be my best course of action here? lol ..

I have a feeling they'll be back :shrug:

IMG_6971.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure they weren't successful? Anything missing? They may have relocked the door as they were leaving.

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the doors using the remote, then open the door from the inside, the car alarm will sound. I've done that to myself staying in the car too long before.

I'm honestly not sure what you can to to make the car more secure. With the right tools (or even without), it isn't difficult to get access to the inside of a mustang.

My best suggestion is to remove anything valuable and clean up/hide everything else. If they don't think there is anything worth getting to, they won't try to open your car. Keep the inside clean and uncluttered. They may think you have something good hiding underneath that McDonalds wrapper. Even the mounts for GPS systems attract crooks. If they see the mount, it is reasonable to assume there is a GPS hiding somewhere in the car, so they'll go for it.

Are you sure they weren't successful? Anything missing? They may have relocked the door as they were leaving.

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the doors using the remote, then open the door from the inside, the car alarm will sound. I've done that to myself staying in the car too long before.

I'm honestly not sure what you can to to make the car more secure. With the right tools (or even without), it isn't difficult to get access to the inside of a mustang.

My best suggestion is to remove anything valuable and clean up/hide everything else. If they don't think there is anything worth getting to, they won't try to open your car. Keep the inside clean and uncluttered. They may think you have something good hiding underneath that McDonalds wrapper. Even the mounts for GPS systems attract crooks. If they see the mount, it is reasonable to assume there is a GPS hiding somewhere in the car, so they'll go for it.

+1 good suggestions.

By an alarm or surveillance camera. What are they after? Stereo? The car? You could kill the fuel pump when you leave it. :shrug:

Not sure, I do have a nice stereo system but I never play it near my house, and you cant tell by just looking into the car. Although its been 2 years since I installed it and I may of slipped a few times..

As for the car its in good condition and has LED tail lights & LED 3rd brake light, recently installed smoked headlights, so they could be after parts (shrug), How would I kill the fuel pump?

Nothing missing and I always keep the car clean inside, no mcdonalds wrappers lol, I also just tried what you said and the alarm didnt go off.. I got inside, hit remote twice until horn beeped and then simply pressed the unlock button on my door .. it unlocked without sounding alarm. Crappy.

I hate to say it, but if someone wants in your car, no matter how much security besides you watching will stop them. Its stupid easy to get into a mustang, someone just jammed a flathead into my driver door lock and apparently it opened... If you live close to where you park your car the best thing is a 2 way paging alarm. I got mine from a buddy like 4 years ago so i dunno what they run new and installed. I love the little lcd remote cuz i always forget if i locked my car or not like 30 seconds after i walked away from the car, the lcd remote will tell me if the car is locked or not its great. Depending on where you install the antenna, you can get like a 1/4 mile range if not more on these new systems. Like others said, take down any evidence of inside toys (GPS or whatever) dont leave your phone laying in there, expensive sunglasses, anything that if someone were to look in see and potentially want or make money on. I put my glasses at the foot of my seat so you cant see them. Just some suggestions.

hide in bushes with a glockenschpiel. and squeeze upon sight
I'm assuming you talking about the very loud and scary glockenschpiel, yea,You might wanna check your glockenschpiel laws before you take that kinda of musical action.:D:rolleyes: Around here, you have to be in the vehicle or about to be ran over before you can play funeral march w/the glockenschpiel!!!:D

Rickyll7 I locked the keys in my sisters 99 cougar once and got in like that with a coat hanger. It was surprisingly easy to do which is kinda scary. Plus 10, lets just say we need Lo Jack on our cars cause the PATS is just is kinda useless and annoying.

Dude tasers are like totally cool but illegal as hell, at least in michigan they are. They hurt like hell too!!! But all jokes aside, you cant shoot at someone because they are stealing property from you, even though to some of us even a scratch on the mustang is a life or death situation lol. Thats the ****ty thing about not having a garage is that people will mess with your ride if they wanted too. Im so anal about my stang that even when i go inside my house for an hour or so i put it in the garage and close the door, and i live in a very very safe neighborhood (but then again theres no such thing).

I don't even know if tasers are legal here in FL either. I know I could that with my CCP I can carry a 'stun gun'. not sure how much different it is from a taser but I don't carry one anyway.I carry a "glockenschpiel" as you mentioned... lol I will look into a stun gun though as a 'non deadly force' carry option as they are legal down here.
ok, now that I have taken this thread totally off topic...I will go.:D

if you see someone just call the police, try and see what the guy or gal is wearing, physical descrip, direction they ran. Thats why you pay your taxes, you dont want to get physical with someone, what if they have a knife or a gun. Not worth it. Even though i understand that your property is very precious to you, there is alot of sick fuchs out there you dont want to get physical with.

Double side tape some razor blades,and put them under your door handles LOL!
Kidding aside,that sucks.What sucks even more,if they really want your stang,they will get it no matter what you do.
I know with my old 5.0L,being parked in a parking garage,i put a hidden cut off switch to the ignition,and only klet my brother know,and the guy i sold it too know.But it was carb'd.
Now if it was fuel injected,i would put a hidden cut off switch to the fuel pump.That is what i would do if i didn't have a garage of my own.

yea i had to put a cutoff switch on my 95 e class diesel mercedes in albania, that is where im originally from and i go visit sometimes,and do not want the thing stolen, its kind of a hassle but the car will drive for like 5 feet then stall, then you see the guy and give him a spankin lol

Thanks for the replies Im just gonna hope they dont come back tonight, the car is parked in a pretty well lit area at night so perhaps they were trying to be quick about it and gave up. Looks like having an actual alarm installed will be my best bet in the long run.

all it took, for those bitchs to get in my 03, was a flat head to the outside key hole, as bhuff30 said locked it back up, took me next day to notice all that was missing, it just ****ing sucks god should kill em all:mad:

Thats why I never leave anything in my car. Also thats why I'm leaving the stock radio in. I park my jeep behind the stang and in the summer the boat is in front of my car so I have to move the jeep first to take the stang out.